PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• Okay cool, I've just updated the competition thread. @Shrews and @Jimbro66 - if you want to change your entries then that's absolutely fine (although I really like both of them, to be fair!)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3074
    boogieman said:
    I’m happy to run this theme for a couple of months, if everyone’s in agreement?
    Fine by me. Or how about just extending it to the end of October? 
    Or this as the wise man has suggested. 
    Yes this. 

Most Halloween parties will be on Sat 28th. Bonfire night the weekend after (with that being a possible theme for November) 

Not sure we've had a Christmas theme, but that suffers the same 'end of the month' problem. 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    Extending the closing date should bring more entries and give more opportunities to enter without relying on year-old photos. I’m all for it  :)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12439
    I’m not going to have time to submit anything this month. The rest of you though…. get a move on, only a few days left!  :o
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogieman said:
    I’m not going to have time to submit anything this month. The rest of you though…. get a move on, only a few days left!  :o

I was thinking about this yesterday. Tricky this month, I haven't seen anything even remotely suitable yet!

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• I really thought there would have been more Halloween things around this weekend, but it's very sparse around here... I'm thinking that I'll leave this month's compo open for a few more days, then have a week or so of voting. I'm going to be working in Chicago at the end of November so maybe we'll have a break until the new year.

(Posted this in the competition thread as well)

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4205
    edited October 2023
    When I was walking my dog earlier I saw a few houses setting up Halloween displays (including the cutest ghosts I've ever seen, below).

I thought I might go for a wander later with my camera and get some photos, but it's chucking it down with rain now and I'm still feeling a bit under the weather, so I've gone instead for a picture of my stepdaughter's pumpkin on our front step. It's from a game she plays called My Singing Monsters, and it's called Punkleton, apparently

(they're cute because they're only about 10" high) :)

• Voting is now open, over in the competition thread :)

• Voting is going to close tomorrow in the competition thread, if anyone still wants to vote.

• Morning folks. Winner has been announced in the competition thread :)

As I said over there, I'm going to take a break from this for a couple of months and start a new competition thread in January. I'll post up a thread later today that can run until the end of the year - no votes or anything, just for people to post any photos they want to.

Thanks all!

• Morning you lovely lot. I've just added a new thread to play in until the end of the year - I'll start a new competition thread with @Jimbro66 's theme in January next year.

• Without announcing the January competition, I just want to remind everyone that Christmas markets, boot fairs and other markets can be great places to take photos ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I hope everyone has a great Christmas, whatever you're doing and whoever you're doing it with. Thanks to everyone who's taken part in a competition this year, it's greatly appreciated.

My entry this month is from a coffee stall in Chelmsford. I was using a manual lens and I missed the focus slightly, but I like how it came out anyway :)

• ShrewsShrews Frets: 3074
    Thoughts for the end of the year as we are at the start of the year.

How about the busy month of December becoming the 'photo of the year' month? Basically, vote on the 11 monthly winners to that point, with the November winner picking the January theme.

It would be nice to have a Fretboard photo of the year I think. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5693
    Shrews said:

How about the busy month of December becoming the 'photo of the year' month? Basically, vote on the 11 monthly winners to that point, with the November winner picking the January theme.

I think that's a jolly fine idea!  

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

Haych said:
    Shrews said:

I think that's a jolly fine idea!  
    So do I! I'll get a thread up for that later..  possibly tonight, although I'm making no promises :)

• Took a bit longer than I planned, but I've just created a thread with the winners from 2023. Voting until the end of the month, I'll announce the winner in February :)

• I'm late getting to this, but:

*** VOTING IS NOW OPEN IN THIS MONTH'S COMPETITION THREAD ***

• Morning everyone. January's winner has just been announced over in the competition thread :)