Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Someone is going to pay way too much for a pile of junk

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Yup that’s a pile of pish 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27007
    It looks like one of those Squier ones from a few years back. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    but its reliced what could be possibly wrong ;)
  • It's a very authentic relic job so, in today's standards, it should sell for way over £3000.00
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

Silly question:

Where is the serial number?

Also, I have never seen "Custom" on a headstock before.....

Something is fucky about this, but I can't put my finger on it.

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Nice colour though.
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 635
    SNAKEBITE said:

Silly question:

Good point about the serial number, but there have definitely been Fenders and Squiers with Custom on the headstock, in both the curly script seen on this one and as block text:

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Definitely a fucked-up Chinese Squier with a fake decal and neckplate.

Firewood.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Someone is going a long way to deceive and then hide behind the 'Wall Art' tag. The relic job isn't that bad, though the decal is a dead give away as its too intact. The tuners are modern and most likely from the Sqiuer Custom Tele 2 it was originally, Truss rod looks wrong too. The 'bait' is the very convincing Fender Corona Neck plate which presumably can be bought pretty cheaply on ebay?

The relic job isn't that bad, though the decal is a dead give away as its too intact.
    The fingerboard is coming away from the neck. Whether that happened before or after the attempt to relic it is hard to say...

The 'bait' is the very convincing Fender Corona Neck plate which presumably can be bought pretty cheaply on ebay?
    £3.59

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Guitar-Neck-Plate-Chrome-Silver-With-4Screws-Rubbermat-for-Fender-Strat/113842925775

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SNAKEBITE said:

Silly question:

I couldn't spot a serial number either, and the way the wood is splitting just screams ply to me.
    It's definitely solid wood, some of the splits go vertically or nearly so through the thickness of the body.

However it is still firewood.

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Those don't look like WRHBs to me... already too expensive at £180 :-o
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    I don't know much about the various Fender models but I know enough to tell that that's going to be an expensive mistake for whoever puts in the winning bid.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Couldn’t it be reported? It’s not a real fender so the decal instantly makes it a reportable item.
    Couldn’t it be reported? It’s not a real fender so the decal instantly makes it a reportable item.
    You can - I already did. The more reports the better.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeckwringerNeckwringer Frets: 357
    edited October 2019
    Did the roof leak.......?
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12370
    But he’s claiming it’s just “wall art” so I’m not sure ebay will respond. Might be a bit disingenuous but if anyone sees a desirable guitar in those pics then it’s their own fault really. Buyer beware and all that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogieman said:
    But he’s claiming it’s just “wall art” so I’m not sure ebay will respond. Might be a bit disingenuous but if anyone sees a desirable guitar in those pics then it’s their own fault really. Buyer beware and all that. 
    But it did come up on my "Guitars-For parts not working" save search, he's listed it as a guitar not art so....