EBAY - DEAL OF THE DECADE (or an expensive mistake)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7328
    What you reporting it for? The title, pictures and description all pretty much say it's a piece of shit. If people have been daft enough to bid for it that's their problem.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    DefaultM said:
    What you reporting it for? The title, pictures and description all pretty much say it's a piece of shit. If people have been daft enough to bid for it that's their problem.
    I was thinking that.  This is the opposite of a scam - the description makes no claims as to what it is at all, apart from "damaged, banged, split, cracks, rusty".  That's quite some double bluff if that's what's going on.  What do people actually think it is, something valuable and rare?   If bidders have the courage of their convictions to think there's some value in it, that's their business, nobody is trying to convince them of that.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultM said:
    The selling sites are red hot nowadays on anything that's not what it says it is regardless of the description, I had my Tele pulled from Reverb because it had a Fender headstock decal on a non Fender neck. I'd not listed it as a Fender and had even edited the image so it wasn't visable but it still wasnt good enough. I had to remove the decal and re photograph!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    boogieman said:
    But he’s claiming it’s just “wall art” so I’m not sure ebay will respond. Might be a bit disingenuous but if anyone sees a desirable guitar in those pics then it’s their own fault really. Buyer beware and all that. 
    It's still an illegal counterfeit because it has a Fender logo on it but is not a genuine Fender guitar.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    boogieman said:
    But he’s claiming it’s just “wall art” so I’m not sure ebay will respond. Might be a bit disingenuous but if anyone sees a desirable guitar in those pics then it’s their own fault really. Buyer beware and all that. 
    But it did come up on my "Guitars-For parts not working" save search, he's listed it as a guitar not art so....
    Even calling it "wall art" is misleading.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    ICBM said:
    Definitely a fucked-up Chinese Squier with a fake decal and neckplate.

Firewood.
    Order now for delivery in time for bonfire night.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    DefaultM said:
    The selling sites are red hot nowadays on anything that's not what it says it is regardless of the description, I had my Tele pulled from Reverb because it had a Fender headstock decal on a non Fender neck. I'd not listed it as a Fender and had even edited the image so it wasn't visable but it still wasnt good enough. I had to remove the decal and re photograph!
    You may have noticed that we are too. This isn’t some sort of moral high ground crusade to rid the world of poor fakes so that the big companies can make more profit - it’s simply because counterfeit items are illegal to sell, and it can get us in a lot of trouble as well as the seller. 

I’m pretty sure Reverb pulled your ad as they are just as reluctant to shut their site down due to a counterfeit ad as we are..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultM said:
    You may have noticed that we are too. This isn’t some sort of moral high ground crusade to rid the world of poor fakes so that the big companies can make more profit - it’s simply because counterfeit items are illegal to sell, and it can get us in a lot of trouble as well as the seller. 

I’m pretty sure Reverb pulled your ad as they are just as reluctant to shut their site down due to a counterfeit ad as we are..
    It wasn't a gripe, just an observation. It's good that procedures are in place to control this, i was just surprised at how strict/effective they are.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    Currently £310 :o with over 30 minutes to go...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    Went for £331!!!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    At least £300 too much even if the hardware is salvageable.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• So now we know. If you want top dollar from a cheap guitar, beat the crap out of it and whack a Fender water slide on the headstock. Oh, and don’t forget to list it as art! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1293
    I think posting pictures of it in upstairs landing were crucial, someone proper naive took it for a real attic find lol.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Oh yeah my phone beeped last night "eBay watched item reminder"... my first reaction was panic followed by the relief that there was no chance of an impulse buy. At least £300 isn't a life changing amount of money