SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Crowther Hotcake

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9591
Anyone got one to sell ?

Cheers :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• make sure you one with the bluesberry mod. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9591
    make sure you one with the bluesberry mod. 
    Why is that Jack ?
  • You want one with the internal dip switch that switches between std and bluesberry modes. The latter is a bit smoother, but it’s a pretty subtle change. I think they’ve all had this switch for at least 10 years, maybe longer. 

You want one with the internal dip switch that switches between std and bluesberry modes. The latter is a bit smoother, but it’s a pretty subtle change. I think they’ve all had this switch for at least 10 years, maybe longer. 

Cheers for the info :)
  • Fantastic pedal! Coaxed some of the tastiest lead tones I’ve ever heard from a single pedal and that was through a PRRI - But have to admit I struggled to get a pleasing light gain out of it, gain past two o’clock sounded phenomenal. They are supposed to sound glorious through a Vox.
  • Fantastic pedal! Coaxed some of the tastiest lead tones I’ve ever heard from a single pedal and that was through a PRRI - But have to admit I struggled to get a pleasing light gain out of it, gain past two o’clock sounded phenomenal. They are supposed to sound glorious through a Vox.
    We’re probably discussing this in the wrong place, but....

yes it isn't all that special at low gain and has a nasty sputtering decay at the end of the note that I couldn’t unhear! I thought it was just mine but apparently it’s a thing.  At or over about 2 o’ clock on the dial it’s got a wonderful saggy sustain, but it can disappear in the mix if you don’t set the presence control right.  
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 89
    My Crowther Hotcake sounds fab through my Matchless - I found the first post in this thread very helpful in setting up my HC to taste:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/crowther-hotcake-i-figured-it-out.1733037/

Brocco said:
    My Crowther Hotcake sounds fab through my Matchless - I found the first post in this thread very helpful in setting up my HC to taste:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/crowther-hotcake-i-figured-it-out.1733037/

That's my thoughts as well, as a NAD Matchless Nighthawk owner... appreciate the link :)
  • selexisselexis Frets: 50
    Fantastic pedal! Coaxed some of the tastiest lead tones I’ve ever heard from a single pedal and that was through a PRRI - But have to admit I struggled to get a pleasing light gain out of it, gain past two o’clock sounded phenomenal. They are supposed to sound glorious through a Vox.
    We’re probably discussing this in the wrong place, but....

yes it isn't all that special at low gain and has a nasty sputtering decay at the end of the note that I couldn’t unhear! I thought it was just mine but apparently it’s a thing.  At or over about 2 o’ clock on the dial it’s got a wonderful saggy sustain, but it can disappear in the mix if you don’t set the presence control right.  
    Crazy, I use it NOT to get lost in the mix :) The Presence is a perfect (high) mids boost and I love it with gain around 11 o'clock. Now go, get one!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyone got one to sell ?

One on eBay right now 
    hhawkins said:
    Anyone got one to sell ?

One on eBay right now 
    Cheers mate 
    Got one, but I'm that impressed that I could well need another :) 

So, still looking...

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    Looks like you may need a double Hotcake!  :)
    edited October 2019
    HoraceB said:
    Looks like you may need a double Hotcake! 
    You may have read my thoughts...
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 89
    My recollection is that the double HC is not quite as versatile as two single HCs used together, as the double has a bluesberry and non -bluesberry side that I think are fixed, unlike single HCs. May not be an issue for you depending on which HC flavour you prefer.
  • Brocco said:
    My recollection is that the double HC is not quite as versatile as two single HCs used together, as the double has a bluesberry and non -bluesberry side that I think are fixed, unlike single HCs. May not be an issue for you depending on which HC flavour you prefer.
    I seem to recall that too.

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.