Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which CHAIR do you practice in?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    If I’m not stood, I’ll sit on the floor. No need for a middle man
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    My playing room is our tiny utility room. I have to compete with the washing machine, the tumble drier and the dishwasher. There is literally no room for a chair or even a stool so I sit on my Blackstar cab. I usually have to move a pile of washed clothes off of it. My life is hell ....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drum stool, perfect. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adaminoadamino Frets: 128
  • HAL9000 said:
    ICBM said:
    One of these...

Looks like a tripod. I'm hoping it's just the angle.
    Tripod? I see a duck! Probably just me, right? 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    So we’re discussing chairs now. 
    Oh come on, it’s just a bit of armlesss fun.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655
    I bought a cheapish office chair with fold up arms which is great.  The only problem I have is that, after playing guitar, I sometimes forget to put the arm back down and then try to lean on it.
  • Musicwolf said:
    I bought a cheapish office chair with fold up arms which is great.  The only problem I have is that, after playing guitar, I sometimes forget to put the arm back down and then try to lean on it.
    Ahhh... the Dellboy maneuver  ;)
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Musicwolf said:
    I once sat down on my Mesa Trem-o-verb... only it turned out the amp was on the other side of the room and I'd sat on the empty cover, which was one of those that are rigid enough that they hold their shape when off the amp!

Luckily I realised it was giving way before I fully committed to sitting down, so I didn't actually quite end up going arse-backwards onto the floor, but it was too close for comfort :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    In recent times I've had difficulty (pain) standing for long periods. A quick sit helps relieve the pressure, usually around mid way through the second set.
    I previously had a folding 'kitchen' stool but it creaked and was cumbersom. I decided to invest in a proper tool for the job.
    Konig and meyer musicians stool, a seat like a big drum throne and you can have a back on it too if you want. You have a choice of cloth or vinyl covering. It now comes to all my gigs. Sometimes I don't need it, but when I do it is just wonderful. I can still tap the pedals, sing into a mic and look like I'm still in the band!
    They sell it as a musicians/Guitarists/Bassist/keyboardist stool but essentially the same thing. Solid and practical. Nice having the adjustable footrests.

• I only play on relic'd chairs. I don't know if it makes much difference to the sound but I find them to have a certain mojo and character.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9676
    Musicwolf said:
    I had an armchair upholstery related incident a while back. Fortunately I'm now completely recovered!
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I only play on relic'd chairs. I don't know if it makes much difference to the sound but I find them to have a certain mojo and character.
    Apparently that is a thing - I was talking to my friend about how daft I thought relic guitars were and he said the furniture world has that too.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited October 2019
    thegummy said:
    I only play on relic'd chairs. I don't know if it makes much difference to the sound but I find them to have a certain mojo and character.
    Apparently that is a thing - I was talking to my friend about how daft I thought relic guitars were and he said the furniture world has that too.

It's been a thing for ages. Faded jeans, rat-rods, distressed furniture. I've heard of people rubbing yoghurt on to garden furniture to make it age quicker. 

Old things can be desirable but often not practical. I bought a leather jacket from a charity shop recently largely because it was nicely worn in and I thought it looked quite cool. 
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    thegummy said:

It's been a thing for ages. Faded jeans, rat-rods, distressed furniture. I've heard of people rubbing yoghurt on to garden furniture to make it age quicker. 

Old things can be desirable but often not practical. I bought a leather jacket from a charity shop recently largely because it was nicely worn in and I thought it looked quite cool. 
    I wonder if there's any clothing equivalent of the "looks like it once had a bigsby" thing. Like, to actually pretend a specific thing had happened to the item rather than just generally looked worn.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited October 2019
    thegummy said:
    thegummy said:

I wonder if there's any clothing equivalent of the "looks like it once had a bigsby" thing. Like, to actually pretend a specific thing had happened to the item rather than just generally looked worn.

Not heard of that one. 
    FWIW I've never "pretended" that my roadworn strat is anything other than what it is. I mainly like the feel in my hands. The look does suit me though as I'm kinda roadworn myself.  3