The Jimi Hendrix Experience: The Royal Albert Hall Trailer

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2612
in Guitar tFB Trader
Hopefully the DVD will come soon...  Seen it on youtube here and there before it gets taken down... Amazing gig with some songs I have never seen him do live before..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7131
    which songs rabster, titles and times in video please ta
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • I'll let you know what it was like Rabs I'm taking my boy to see it  ;)
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2612
    edited October 2019 tFB Trader
    tony99 said:
    which songs rabster, titles and times in video please ta
    The only one I remember off hand is Room Full of Mirrors. The trailer above is just for the showing at the RAH.. Not the full thing.

Just went and looked it up...

Setlist: 
    1. Lover Man
    2. Stone Free
    3. Hear My Train A Coming
    4. I Don't Live Today 
    5. Red House
    6. Foxey Lady 
    7. Sunshine Of Your Love 
    8. Bleeding Heart 
    9. Fire 
    10. Little Wing
    11. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
    12. Room Full Of Mirrors jam
    13. Purple Haze
    14. Wild Thing
    15. Star Spangled Banner 
    tFB Trader
    I'll let you know what it was like Rabs I'm taking my boy to see it  ;)

Very cool...  And yes, let us know   :+1:
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Can do without the Smashing of Amps bit, that was like torture.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1602
    Tickets bought.  Nearest I'll get to seeing Hendrix! 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31649
    There was an album called the CBS Concerts released around 1982, with most of the tracks from this series of gigs at the Albert Hall. 

The liner notes mentioned that all the performances on the album were also on film and that they were working on the rights to get access to it. 

I bought two copies as I wore the first one out. The extended solo in Stone Free is a masterful piece of rhythm guitar playing and a genuine goose bump moment when the rest of the band come back in. I really hope that's the version in the movie.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    p90fool said:
    There was an album called the CBS Concerts released around 1982, with most of the tracks from this series of gigs at the Albert Hall. 

The liner notes mentioned that all the performances on the album were also on film and that they were working on the rights to get access to it. 

I bought two copies as I wore the first one out. The extended solo in Stone Free is a masterful piece of rhythm guitar playing and a genuine goose bump moment when the rest of the band come back in. I really hope that's the version in the movie.
    That'll be "The Jimi Hendrix Concerts".  I bought that on cassette when it came out (I was a student with a cheap walkman!) then again on vinyl then CD.  That Stone Free is amazing, as is the Bleeding Heart.  I'm not holding much hope for the film quality or production style/standard but the audio on 'Concerts was excellent.  Sitting the Albert Hall watching and listening to those performances is going to be quite something.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Noel redding said long ago that you could see the sweat on the screen. I hope the final cut is nothing like the cuts that appeared on YouTube. Judging by the trailer, my hopes may come true. 
    tFB Trader
    p90fool said:

That'll be "The Jimi Hendrix Concerts".  I bought that on cassette when it came out (I was a student with a cheap walkman!) then again on vinyl then CD.  That Stone Free is amazing, as is the Bleeding Heart.  I'm not holding much hope for the film quality or production style/standard but the audio on 'Concerts was excellent.  Sitting the Albert Hall watching and listening to those performances is going to be quite something.
    Me too.. Had the cassette  (man that makes me feel old :) ) and on CD..  GREAT album and the solo in Stone Free is like a song within a song.. Really incredible... He is proper on form. And actually the whole RAH gig, he really is on top form throughout...
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1487
    Just to show how old I am, I have the original issue of the album.  I also saw the film about Hendrix back in 1973 at the cinema.
    I corresponded for a while with a fellow who had bunked off school to see Hendrix at RAH. His group of friends arrived early while Jimi was rehearsing and got to watch that too. One of his mates later became the guitarist for a famous rock/metal band. Clearly the experience had had an impact. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Did anyone go? Reviews, please. 

Yes, it was good.  We had a bit of chat in a thread in OT:

Well that was quite an “Experience”! Film quality and production were better than I expected. Fabulous playing, wonderful guitar tone. Nice to hear him chatting whilst not sounding stoned. There’s clearly lots more footage - songs that weren’t shown and presumably more of the soundcheck. Jimi playing acoustic is a rare treat. 

Oh and I reckon he smashed the right strat, if he had to do one. Was microphonic on the bridge pickup so might as well! Shame the SG Custom didn’t get played.  
    Yep really enjoyed that! The only negative I would say was that it needed subtitles in the general chat scenes as you could only pick out some of the words they were saying. That said I thought it was totally absorbing and the grand finale was crazy!! My son loved it too.

Y’man at the start, with the evil witch keeper of the Hendrix estate, said it was a rough cut/rough mix. I reckon the sound of the performances previously released on the Hendrix Concerts album was better quality. Wonder what the dvd release will be like?

Thanks @springhead ;
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6744
    Can't believe they've booked out the Albert Hall to show a rough cut. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    Does anyone know or remember the songs in the film? A complete little wing?
  • Well I wouldn't say it was a rough cut - the footage of the actual gig was pretty bloody good to be fair. It really embodied the atmosphere of the RHA on that day. Lot's of nostalgia and freaky acid-fueled dancing. Coppers and a free-for-all at the end when Jimi went nuts and threw his broken Strat into the crowd.

Songs were Stone Free, Lover man, I don't live today, red house, foxy lady, fire, little wing, room full of mirrors, voodoo chile, purple haze and wild thing - think that was it, although I believe there were a few more in '69
    There was also the soundcheck version of Bleeding Heart (the real version from that gig is amazing). Partly with scenes of Jimi listening back to it in the recording room under the stage. And film of him playing a version of Hound Dog on his Gibson acoustic in his Brook St flat during the afternoon before the gig. 

Jerry Goldstein who produced it and appeared in it, and appeared on stage in the RAH to introduce it described it as a rough cut and rough mix. Hence I’m wondering what the DVD release will be. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10271
    Sassafras said:
    Can do without the Smashing of Amps bit, that was like torture.
    Awww