The Jimi Hendrix Experience: The Royal Albert Hall Trailer

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I read this bad news if it’s true:
    However on October 21, 2019 there will be a one-off screening of the film at the very hall where it was filmed. This is thought to be simply a way to secure 
    the copyright before the 50 years since the recordings are up at the end of the year. Still, good news to see that the different parties are talking again.”

Rough cut. Ok sound. Doesn’t quite suggest an imminent Dvd release. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1602

Wow, that would perhaps explain the rough cut/mix and the many warnings on the night of "no filming/photography or recording of any kind".  Even more glad I went in that case.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2612
    edited October 2019 tFB Trader
    Yeah its a sad case...

I read about this a while back and from what I remember. The guy who filmed it had a verbal contract or something. Its been an ongoing battel with him and Janie and her mobsters.... I think she wants certain rights or she wont allow it to be released officially which he wont give up..  Something along those lines.

I was hoping this showing would mean that it had been sorted out and we get an official release.. But apparently not  :(  So sad.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12412
    Rabs said:
    Yeah its a sad case...

I read about this a while back and from what I remember. The guy who filmed it had a verbal contract or something. Its been an ongoing battel with him and Janie and her mobsters.... I think she wants certain rights or she wont allow it to be released officially which he wont give up..  Something along those lines.

I was hoping this showing would mean that it had been sorted out and we get an official release.. But apparently not  :(  So sad.
    What a frigging leech that woman is.  :p
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1602
    She was there on the night with him, jointly introducing the film. Was cold outside but I reckon they left a window open for her to fly in on her broom. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom