Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Paul Gascoigne AQUITTED

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Dominic said:
    It's an assault for sure but in context an assault by somebody who has severe mental health issues and isn't ill -intentioned
    Can we call it a well intentioned mild assault by a misguided person of limited intelligence and diminished responsibility ?
    I think we probably can.
    Most courts will have some sort of scheme so that minor crimes by individuals with clear mental illnesses or learning disabilities don't end up being charged. The CPS probably wouldn't have continued if they thought there were significant issues of mental capacity. 
    Being drunk is not a mental impairment that carries with it a get out of jail free card. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • There was a woman who grabbed a guys dick at a anti-Trump rally in the states, and she was done and convicted for sexual assault.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285
    There was a woman who grabbed a guys dick at a anti-Trump rally in the states, and she was done and convicted for sexual assault.

How very ironic.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    if he did it, people saw him do it, she didn't ask him to do it, she didn't like it... whats the rationale behind him being let off?
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    There was a woman who grabbed a guys dick at a anti-Trump rally in the states, and she was done and convicted for sexual assault.
    I’m surprised Trump didn’t promote her to Chief  of Staff, or at the very least invite her back to the after show party....  B)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    p90fool said:
    phil_b said:

why is this even in court
    Because kissing someone without their consent is an offence.
    Why does this get a lol? 

What exactly is ok about forcibly snogging someone you don't know?
    The people who use the "LOL" button as a dislike are generally simple and/or trolls. If they had a reasonable counter to what was said they would respond with a reply but they just want you to know that someone out there disagrees with what you said. At least it gets your fret count up!

axisus said:

I didn't LOL it, but I'm guessing that it comes from the fact that most people have met the opposite sex in many places over their lifetime, pubs, clubs, parties etc, and at no point EVER during impromptu snogging has a consent form either been waved or signed by either party.

Note: I'm not referring to this specific incident there, it's a general comment.
    I doubt anyone expects explicit consent but unless someone has severe social skills disorder, it's not hard to know if someone wants you to kiss them or not. If it's someone you're on a date with and it's going well and the body language gives clues, there's a good chance it's wanted. If you're an old drunk guy who isn't particularly good looking, it's unlikely a stranger would want you to just kiss them out of nowhere.

Haven't followed the case closely but I'm sure I'd heard that Gazza had admitted he kissed her but it was an attempt to make her feel better as a fat lass or something. So it seems strange he got found not guilty if he admitted to doing it. Maybe I got told some wrong information.

Re: him as a player, he was a big part of what made my childhood magical. I was too young to appreciate the level of players Rangers were getting in those days and the success we had. If only I could see what the future was going to turn out like I'd have savoured every moment of having top England internationalists, signing players from the Barcelona first team etc.