NGD - Schecter

What's Hot
GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4152
edited October 2019 in Guitar
Had some photo gear that was set on a shelf not being used so decided to turn it into wood and wires instead. Quite fancied one of these (relatively) low-priced Schecters since they appeared at NAMM. There are no big guitar stores near where I live so I had to buy online. The problem with buying a guitar like this online is the tops vary so much, burl being quite a random thing. And I've seem some photos of this guitar model where I really didn't like the top. Thankfully the good people at Peach take photos of the actual guitar. Which also saves me the bother of taking the pictures myself. 

This is a Schecter C-6 Pro in Charcoal Burst. Very low action, feels wonderful. Pickups are very pokey and strong - no reason to think I'd want to change them. Fit and finish is excellent. You could easily believe it was a much more expensive guitar. I imagine this is quite a Marmite guitar due to the top, but I love it.

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    edited October 2019
    It's not my personal taste BUT it's not boring and it looks very good quality. What amp are you planning to run it through GR?

btw HNGD.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3344
    edited October 2019
    That looks very nice, personal preference but I’ prefer the normal C6 headstock to the reverse one. 
  • Jimbro66 said:
    It's not my personal taste BUT it's not boring and it looks very good quality. What amp are you planning to run it through GR?

btw HNGD.
    Ta. Have a Blackstar HT-5 MK II head running into a HB 212 V30 cab. And also a Laney Cub 12R combo.
    grungebob said:
    That looks very nice, personal preference but I’ prefer the normal C6 headstock to the reverse one. 

I'd have preferred their 3+3, but headstocks aren't something I am too bothered by. Apart from massive Fender ones, which I rather dislike.

• Very nice! I was looking at that very guitar on the Peach website earlier; I'm going there on Monday to try out a few things and that was on the list... much nicer looking than the green one, imo. I like the Reapers too, but they're quite a bit more money.

Congrats, HNGD!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Ta. I don't like the bare bit of wood on the front of the Reaper models. I think it works very nicely on the headstock, but I prefer a guitar's top to cover the whole top. Ibanez have some similar models that does this. I think it looks weird. 

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Beautiful!
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Love that 
  • Just noticed and odd thing none of my other guitars have (I think!). The fretboard extends further than the neck into the body. There's a sort of little overhang and gap. A bit like how the trailer of an articulated lorry extends past the point where it's connected to the cab. Interesting design feature.

• kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777
    I'm liking that a lot. HNGD
    Just noticed and odd thing none of my other guitars have (I think!). The fretboard extends further than the neck into the body. There's a sort of little overhang and gap. A bit like how the trailer of an articulated lorry extends past the point where it's connected to the cab. Interesting design feature.
    If I understand you correctly, a Strat has that too but the space is just filled by the pickguard.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18964
    Wow! That is proper boutique lovely, Schecter are massively underrated guitars.
    The top has an almost Japanese landscape Hokusai vibe.

• thegummy said:
    Just noticed and odd thing none of my other guitars have (I think!). The fretboard extends further than the neck into the body. There's a sort of little overhang and gap. A bit like how the trailer of an articulated lorry extends past the point where it's connected to the cab. Interesting design feature.
    If I understand you correctly, a Strat has that too but the space is just filled by the pickguard.
    Ah yes I guess so. Not owning a Strat it's not something I've seen. There is a sort of v-shape of wood in the gap, so it's not empty air under there. 

thegummy said:
    Ah yes I guess so. Not owning a Strat it's not something I've seen. There is a sort of v-shape of wood in the gap, so it's not empty air under there. 
    I noticed it on my Jazz bass when I went pickguard-less for the Jaco look. I think it looks quite cool hanging over.
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    Looks great! I would have bought that or a reaper if It wasn’t for the fact that their nuts are a bit narrow for my taste.
    HNGD !
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2939
    tFB Trader
    Nice, love the top. HNGD!
  • Paul7926Paul7926 Frets: 227
    Very nice. HNGD
  • Cheers all.

I'm very happy with it. Pickups are superb for metal riffing. But tapped they also sound really good for clean.

It's funny that in my old age more "metal" guitars like this are appealing to me. Whereas in my youth it was the classic Les Paul look that floated my boat. 

• MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    The body on that is stunning; very cool guitar.
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    The top looks like marble. I've never seen anything like it on a guitar.

So many guitars. . . so little money!!!

I love this Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR BCH:-  https://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_diamond_c1_hellraiser_fr_bch.htm

• randellarandella Frets: 4228
    thegummy said:
    Yep, same on my US Strat - gives room for the 22nd fret without messing the neck pocket rout around.

Very nice guitar that, also +10,000 points for the left-hand headstock :).  Never played a Schecter, having seen this they’re deffo added to the list.