Fender Elite Strat Deals

What's Hot
Universal8Universal8 Frets: 134
edited October 2019 in Guitar
Anyone know if these are being discontinued? All the main dealers seem to have heavily discounted them. I’ve emailed a couple asking why and got no answers. Most seen to be selling them for professional Strat money.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5446
    Teles too. Nearly grabbed a Thinline but I’m too suspicious of that weird bridge on it at any price. 

I bet it’s just old SKUs... Fender can go back to rosewood on these right away, so might be clearing the decks for a minor refresh of colours and woods. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14333
    tFB Trader
    Whitecat said:
    Teles too. Nearly grabbed a Thinline but I’m too suspicious of that weird bridge on it at any price. 

I bet it’s just old SKUs... Fender can go back to rosewood on these right away, so might be clearing the decks for a minor refresh of colours and woods. 
    I had a used Tele Thinline a couple of weeks ago - And yes that bridge raised more questions then answers - Yet it works and I sold the guitar very quickly with no issues 

Truth be known I'm not sure why they have gone down that direction and I dare say I'd prefer something more traditional - But overall nothing wrong with the guitar
    Whitecat said:

I had a used Tele Thinline a couple of weeks ago - And yes that bridge raised more questions then answers - Yet it works and I sold the guitar very quickly with no issues 

Truth be known I'm not sure why they have gone down that direction and I dare say I'd prefer something more traditional - But overall nothing wrong with the guitar
    Argh, now I’m thinking about it again... :)
  • Spotted the HSS strat at Anderton's, that's bargain-tastic. Never tried one but I imagine that must be some seriously playable strat at a very attractive price point
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14333
    tFB Trader
    Whitecat said:
    Whitecat said:

Argh, now I’m thinking about it again... :)
    Don't blame if you you are tempted to use your plastic friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I also saw these... man if they did a tele but with that multicoloured ebony board I would be seriously thinking about buying one... 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10269
    I've got an Elite Strat and I absolutely love it, even when compared to my Custom Shop stuff. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerx said:
    I also saw these... man if they did a tele but with that multicoloured ebony board I would be seriously thinking about buying one... 
    GAK might have what your are looking for.
    I think the Elites and preceding deluxes are great guitars apart from the pickups.  Having said that if you are gigging regularly they could be the ideal working guitar.
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 585
    Spotted the HSS strat at Anderton's, that's bargain-tastic. Never tried one but I imagine that must be some seriously playable strat at a very attractive price point
    Online or in store?
  • switch625 said:
    Spotted the HSS strat at Anderton's, that's bargain-tastic. Never tried one but I imagine that must be some seriously playable strat at a very attractive price point
    Online or in store?
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 917
    My dad has the thinline tele that he uses for jazz gigs. It is an exceptionally well made guitar.
    This one?
    This one?
  • switch625 said:
    This one?
    Yup. I think there were 10+ when I first came across it (from their YouTube vid), they've obviously gone quick!
    The Thinline Tele I had my eye on has gone, so I’m chalking it up as “not meant to be.” Congrats to anyone who grabs one though, still a good deal...
  • A dumping of the Gaudy crap with Noiseless Pick Ups would get a round of applause from me. Sorry if that offends anyone.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2331
    Some of them look fantastic but I'm not sure about the noiseless single coils...
  • Some of them look fantastic but I'm not sure about the noiseless single coils...
    There are some nice finishes on them if I'm honest. I think they've had some ghastly ones in the past though.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I never know what to make of Noiseless pickups. I tried a CS Clapton with them in some years ago and loathed them. But the Samarium Cobalt SCN one’s from 2004/5 sounded really good to my ears. Not tried any of the newer ones. But people tend to hate them. Why? 
    Whitecat said:

I stand corrected...

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/166671/new-fender-ultra-range#latest