Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Wine -o'-clock Gumtree punters

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• professorben said:
    Forty two.
    Fifty six.  You could say she's got it all.  :s

On topic:
    'When can I come round. I'm at [location 15 minutes away]'
    'Any time after 4pm today?'
    'OK. I'll text later.'
    *tumbleweed*

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    I sold something recently and the guy asked if I could deliver it. I made a series of suggestions about when I could come and got ‘too early’, ‘too late’ type replies with no suggestion of when might actually be convenient for the poor soul (never mind that I’m the one doing you a favour!). 

Something about it felt odd and then I googled the guy and it turns out he’s a convicted class A drug dealer that did time in Dartmoor  :o
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    I ended up driving down to Southampton from Bristol to grab an amp from Faceboom. All because of too much rum. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18932
    DrJazzTap said:
    I ended up driving down to Southampton from Bristol to grab an amp from Faceboom. All because of too much rum
    Sorry, don't understand that possibility.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve a guitar on gumtree.After giving me a silly bid I get “but for it to work for me” all the time.This be their latest spiel.I tell them Ive just phoned the police as your trying nick my guitar.Still for sale
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2808
    BRISTOL86 said:
    I sold something recently and the guy asked if I could deliver it. I made a series of suggestions about when I could come and got ‘too early’, ‘too late’ type replies with no suggestion of when might actually be convenient for the poor soul (never mind that I’m the one doing you a favour!). 

Something about it felt odd and then I googled the guy and it turns out he’s a convicted class A drug dealer that did time in Dartmoor  :o
    How do you find their details to google?  I'd love to know more about the people that get in touch.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    thebreeze said:
    BRISTOL86 said:

How do you find their details to google?  I'd love to know more about the people that get in touch.
    It was via Facebook marketplace so came up with his name!
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16139
    Best Gumtree I had when selling a Mexican Baja Tele guitar was ;
    " Okay I'd like it ,I don't want to pay all in cash ;how about £50 and a cuckoo clock ......it's a Swiss Antique one with carved this and that etc etc .........it used to belong to my aunt ,she left it to me and I can collect it straight after the funeral "
     I didn't reply but he emailed me about 3 days later to say he could see it was still for sale and not to worry because "the funeral is set now for Thursday "
    He was definitely genuine but I had to let him down gently saying I would love to do the deal but I had never had anything but trouble from Cuckoo clocks and to let me know if he could get the money together.
    Never heard again but I hope the funeral all went well.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2808
    ^ that’s hysterical 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    DrJazzTap said:
    I ended up driving down to Southampton from Bristol to grab an amp from Faceboom. All because of too much rum. 
    I hope the rum erased all memory of Southampton. 
  • Dominic said:
    Never heard again but I hope the funeral all went well.
    It was all going fine until the hour mark.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My favourite was this for a TC Gmajor rack FX I was selling on Gumtree....

"I'm very interested but it's a complicated unit and I will only use half the effects, so I only want to pay half the price "

Erm...nope
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom