good guitar techs in central west london?

What's Hot
Mika88Mika88 Frets: 0
Its about time I take a few of my guitars in for a fix up. 
Anyone have some recommendations for a cool, reliable, not to backlogged guitar tech for setups, maybe some pickup work etc?
Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Can’t speak highly enough of Kevin: 

https://www.stairwaytokevin.com/
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1487
    I know Croydon isn't Central West London, but Jon at @FelineGuitars is an excellent man to deal with and does great work.
  • danny_777danny_777 Frets: 660
    edited October 2019
    Easy - see my recent recommendation thread on Phillipe Dubreuille: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/165558/phillipe-dubreuille-london-recommended#latest

He's in Camden, near the tube. Great value, and works quickly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKing said:
    I know Croydon isn't Central West London, but Jon at @FelineGuitars is an excellent man to deal with and does great work.
    I second this, Jonathan has worked on all but one of my electrics and has done amazing on each of them, the most recent was a major upgrade to my Squier Strat. Extremely skilled and knowledgeable, Feline is the only place I go to now. I actually live in West London but its worth the journey to the workshop!
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11624
    tFB Trader
    Mika88 said:
    Its about time I take a few of my guitars in for a fix up. 
    Anyone have some recommendations for a cool, reliable, not to backlogged guitar tech for setups, maybe some pickup work etc?
    Thanks 
    That sounds like us...we are up to speed with our repair work so little or no delays and good rail connections from Victoria , London Bridge and Kings X/St Pancras. Many forum users use us for work quality if not location.

Map and location here if you feel tempted to go South of The River

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • If west London is better for you, Monty guitars in Acton is really good,priced as the rest of others techs.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9351
    I couldn’t recommend Matt at Monty’s guitars highly enough. Great bloke and superb set up. He also offers courses so you can learn how to do it yourself
  • Richmond Guitar Workshop.  The ex-Chandlers guys.  Used by many a famous guitarist.  No bullshit and good value
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    Richmond Guitar Workshop.  The ex-Chandlers guys.  Used by many a famous guitarist.  No bullshit and good value
    Does that include Brinsley or did he move on elsewhere?
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11466
    Jimbro66 said:
    Richmond Guitar Workshop.  The ex-Chandlers guys.  Used by many a famous guitarist.  No bullshit and good value
    Does that include Brinsley or did he move on elsewhere?
    It's Andrew and Andy.

They are good, as is Monty's.

Charlie Chandler is good (but not cheap) but is his further out.  You can get to Richmond or Acton on the Tube.