The crazy world we live in?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2808
    edited October 2019
    MikeS said:
    I did see that. But with no corresponding serial numbered neck plate to go with the serial numbered C.O.A, it's essentially a home relic'd custom classic body and a random C.O.A. You might be able to source the matching neck plate for another £400.
    I suppose so but I'm more interested in having a guitar that works for me rather than one that "is what it's supposed to be" - I've got some of them.  This is going with a really, really nice neck that was worked on by the chap on here who does the great relic'ing (Lamf68).  I bought that for £100 I think.  Some brilliant pickups and the rest which came out of a modded Squier CV I got for £150 (sold the neck etc too).  The way I look at it I'm getting what the CS would charge £4K+ for these days for about £550.  Most importantly though it's going to be the guitar I made and want for myself if you see what I mean?

The body's a CS custom classic - stamped in the cavities.  It feels really nice and is a great weight, just over 4 lbs.  I've got the COA - it may be random but I doubt it, but that's not the point, I really don't care about that.  Whether you like it or not, and I fully appreciate quite a few really hate it, the relic'ing and contouring on the body has been done seriously well imo.  Each to his own etc.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    It suggests you're not very good at selling OR buying.
    I disagree.  I both bought and sold with consummate ease.  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreeze said:

longjaw said:
    What's so special about the Tele body? Can't see why anyone would pay £400 for it from the photo.
    It's a Custom Shop body and been given some serious relic'ing by a luthier, who's also done a really nice body contour on the back.  It's feather light.  I like it but I can understand its not everyone's cup of tea.
    So was the relicing done by the custom shop, or by someone else?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72572
    victorludorum said:

I think I recognise the handiwork.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4284
    edited October 2019
    @ICBM flagged for posting beaver pics.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    thebreeze said:

longjaw said:
    What's so special about the Tele body? Can't see why anyone would pay £400 for it from the photo.
    It's a Custom Shop body and been given some serious relic'ing by a luthier, who's also done a really nice body contour on the back.  It's feather light.  I like it but I can understand its not everyone's cup of tea.
    Someone else.
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2310
    YICBM said:
    victorludorum said:

Mmm. Nice beaver....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    ICBM said:
    victorludorum said:

hahaha best post ever

It's the point being made plus the cheekiness of that wee guy
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3992
    just look at his little face

all "these hands don't need a template"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom