Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Wireless Option?

What's Hot
I'm looking for a new wireless option as my existing unit is ancient and I'd also like something more compact as my work can take me around the world. As I'm not in a rush to spend over £150 I am primarily looking at either the Line 6 G30 or the Boss WL-50. Any thoughts on which is best would be welcome as they look to be very evenly matched.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    I'd go £9 more and get the G75 for £159.  Total bargain and a proper radio system with a proper transmitter.  Never let me down TBH.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Wonky said:
    I'd go £9 more and get the G75 for £159.  Total bargain and a proper radio system with a proper transmitter.  Never let me down TBH.
    Agreed! I bought my G75 when they were on offer, as they are now. 

Phenomenal bit of kit and absolutely bomb proof. 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/line-6-relay-g75-guitar-wireless-system-with-table-top-style-receiver-991300712?lgw_code=16284-991300712&gclid=Cj0KCQjwgNXtBRC6ARIsAIPP7RtOvncW5DyERLJXK_RY_GnYJaeT6C7hUZHAJaRHuFeolAbi45bN8q8aApoSEALw_wcB

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10357
    I've got a Boss WL-60 you can have for £200 delivered if you want it. 
  • I did see the G75 and it did look a bargain but I was put off for two reasons:

1) I'd seen a few poor reviews of the G70 that referred to dropouts and claimed the G30 was better
    2) I assumed it was being heavily discounted for a reason!

I take it these assumptions are wide of the mark.
  • Have you checked out the Smooth Hound wireless system? Very good!

https://www.smoothhound-innovations.com/

I think the guy is a member here as well.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Ah, now that looks even better! Thanks for the heads up :)
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    I did see the G75 and it did look a bargain but I was put off for two reasons:

1) I'd seen a few poor reviews of the G70 that referred to dropouts and claimed the G30 was better
    2) I assumed it was being heavily discounted for a reason!

I take it these assumptions are wide of the mark.
    Not any reason for the discounted price I can find apart from a great deal.  Personally I'd steer clear of any system without a proper transmitter (i.e. the kind that's part of the jack plug) as they break really, really easily.  There's poor reviews of every single wireless system I looked at before buying, but the G75 has been nothing but perfect for me and indeed my step son who has also gig'd with it.  
  • Lots of love for the Smoothhound on this forum. I've had one for two years and it's a brilliant bit of kit. Our bass player also has one and he regularly goes walkabout in the pubs we play.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4144
    Ive had a G30 for about 4 years now and its never let me down.  Small foot print. 
  • I've just had a look at the Smooth Hound website. That's probably what I'll get next time I need a wireless system. It's actually £4 cheaper to buy from Axetec, although I'm not sure if they'll do free postage...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Been very happy with my Xvive U2, though I've not used it in a live context.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited October 2019
    Smooth Hound user here. I have it on my belt with a short lead to the guitar rather than plugged straight in, makes guitar changes easier that way and I personally don’t like how they look plugged directly into a Strat. Performance wise it’s never let me down. 
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    Been gigging and rehearsing with my Xvive U2 for over two years now and it's never missed a beat.
  • Been very happy with my Xvive U2, though I've not used it in a live context.
    drwiddly said:
    Been gigging and rehearsing with my Xvive U2 for over two years now and it's never missed a beat.
    Same here. It's rock solid, easy to deal with and doesn't take up any space on your board.
    <space for hire>
  • Only problem with the Xvive is that it doesn't fit on recessed Ibanez jack sockets. Had to get a short extension cable due to that.

• Another happy Smooth Hound user. I got Heistercamp to make me a Guitar Strap with a custom pouch to take the transmitter, and @designacable to make me a short cable with a female connector on one end to take the Smooth Hound - this is a slightly bulky, but lighter and shorter than using a double female connector.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4053
    Absolutely nothing wrong with the G30.  God knows how many hundreds of gigs mine has done with no problems at all.
    And to my mind has advantages over the other Line 6 models -- but that's obviously why I went for the G30!  The others have their fans too.
  • One thing that really surprised me about buying the Xvive - I play guitar at home twice as much as I did before buying it. There was something so liberating about using it that it changed the way I responded to playing guitar. 

• Only problem with the Xvive is that it doesn't fit on recessed Ibanez jack sockets. Had to get a short extension cable due to that.
    Yep - I just made a short cable for that. I also put some velcro on my strap and the transmitter, just to make life easier.
    <space for hire>
  • My mistake, I've got the G70, which is the board mounted one. Great for quick guitar swaps. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you