Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Fender Ultra Range

What's Hot

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7130
    Does Fender ever make any Strats without scratchplates or does one have to go to the likes of Charvel, Jackson etc. for that kind of thing?
    seen one today in guitar guitar but was a CS jobby
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m totally not the target market, but the gold burst jazzmaster looks pretty cool and unique
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 778
    FWIW the Jazzmaster is getting a positive reception on the offset forum. The noiseless Jazzmaster pickups seem to be of interest more than anything else.

I find a Jazzmaster more comfortable than a strat or telecaster. So if they are bringing their best modern appointments to it I think it could be interesting.
  • I wish they would just give it up with those noiseless pickups.

Besides that, a Tele with binding, a belly cut and a 6 saddle bridge really appeals to me. It all starts to get a little expensive when you have to factor in replacement pickups though. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18932
    phil_b said:
    oh_pollo said:
    Those prices make the current Elite deals an absolute steal.

the link has the prices in Australian dollars
    Thank your god of choice it wasn't in Zimbabwean dollars  ;)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-48757080
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    I'm disappointed by all the telecasters again having 6 saddle bridges.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10269
    Tenebrous said:
    I guess they want them to intonate.... ;) 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Tenebrous said:

How dare they!  :p It just feels weird to have these top end non-CS guitars & not have the option to go with a 3 saddle bridge on a tele.

Still, I'm always in the market for a good tele, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they sound!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4195
    Tenebrous said:
    Never really had an issue intonating a 3 piece Tele bridge, they just don’t sound right with a 6 saddle unit 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10269
    sweepy said:
    Tenebrous said:
    Never really had an issue intonating a 3 piece Tele bridge, they just don’t sound right with a 6 saddle unit 
    I'm half joking, but it's definitely a bit of a compromise with three saddle bridges. You can't get the same intonation with it when compared to a 6 saddle. That's why Fender changed them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11465
    sweepy said:
    Tenebrous said:
    I'm half joking, but it's definitely a bit of a compromise with three saddle bridges. You can't get the same intonation with it when compared to a 6 saddle. That's why Fender changed them.
    There are plenty of compensated versions of the 3 saddle bridge available now.

6 saddle Teles can sound good.  I've got one that's also a toploader.  Still sounds like a Tele.  I've heard slightly better sounding Teles, but I'd want to change out the pickups before blaming the bridge.  The pickups in Japanese Fenders are not the best.
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 860
    GuitarGuitar in Camden has a Tele and two Strats from the new Ultra range on sale. The Tele was priced at £1846.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Isn't this the 2nd name change in 4 years for this range? American Deluxe>American Elite>American Ultra?

The other ranges have only changed name once?
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Fender strats are still sooo boring to look at.   Surely they could realise a side range exactly as thr current spec but with flamed lava burst,  trapezoid mother of pearl inlays and it would be awesome. 

Lava crackle finish like the new Jackson dinky and 24 frets would rock
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    Isn't this the 2nd name change in 4 years for this range? American Deluxe>American Elite>American Ultra?

Change the name and you can change the price. Upwards normally. It's not like the names are any better, or mean anything.
  • Babones said:
    Isn't this the 2nd name change in 4 years for this range? American Deluxe>American Elite>American Ultra?

Change the name and you can change the price. Upwards normally. It's not like the names are any better, or mean anything.
    I know, name means nowt. I have to say, I'm not that impressed with some of the finishes on these either.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Any pics? The original link is gone.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2402
    Mr Fender not happy, has instructed dealers to pull the links shared lol. In the meantime I can tell you that Fender and Eric Johnson are trialling a '54 "Virginia" clone signature model, my mate in Austin saw him with Landau the other night at the Saxon and he played it then....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvhVVNorCHk

• https://www.studiogears.com/fender-american-ultra-stratocaster-electric-guitar-cobra-blue.htm

Not for me. I’m happy and staying in the 1950’s. if it ain’t broke...
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • I just picked up an Elite tele (oxymoron,surely) in that mystic black finish. Plays much better (to me) than the American Original models I had been looking at for the last year.  Belly cut feels a bit stratty but I don't have any real issue with the pickups. And the S1 is better implemented than on the Baja I used to own. Overpriced at launch,of course, like all these ranges, but seriously nice guitars in my opinion.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom