Guitars that you can’t put down

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    My R8 - it's no Harley Benton but I still really like it.

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hmmm I have 6 electrics, 1 bass, 1 electro acoustic and 1 3/4 size acoustic... I play my electrics the most - probably evenly.

However, the ones I am picking up the most are the FGN Odyssey and the new Fender Hybrid Telecaster (MIJ) - I know I only received the Telecaster yesterday, but damn - out of the box it is mental! SO much fun to play with.

I used to think my Yamaha Pacifica 311H was the best guitar I have owned... but the FGN simply tops it. It is magnificent.
    Guitar(s): Custom Gordon Smith Graduate, FGN Odyssey JOS-FM-M FBT, Ibanez RG6PCMLTD, Yamaha Pacifica 311H, Harley Benton Fusion Pro HSH Amp: Blackstar HT5-R MKII, Presonus Eris E4.5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers  | Effects: Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe, Fender Marine Layer Reverb, Fender The Bends Compressor, TC Electronics Flashback 2, EH Hum Debugger, TC Electronic Polytone 3.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited November 2019
    Last summer I had my Yamaha SG1000 refretted with 6100 wire and a set of Bare Knuckle Cold Sweats put in. But the week I went to collect it from my tech was the same week I managed to recover “Bluey” my stolen PRS Custom 22. So I sort of forgot about the Yamaha in the love drunk haze of recovering my PRS.

But now a year later I’ve a new found appreciation for the old girl. I’ve been gigging her this year as my number one. I still play the PRS. But the biggest casualty has been my gold top Les Paul, which rarely gets a look in. Even though that itself is one of the best Les Pauls I’ve played or owned.

But the Yamaha has this brighter top end. A combination of it’s hi mass bridge and an ebony fingerboard. So it handles cleans far better and seems a whole lot more stable live. I guess this is why you saw so many 80’s guitarists using them back in the day.

For my current gig, I need something that can do sparkly crystalline cleans with multiple echoes. As well as Classic Rock stuff. Also it’s built like a tank so I don’t feel the need to baby her. 

I guess it’s because it’s totally dialled into my spec. It seems to be the guitar I play the most these days. 
  • My Vintage SG copy. 
    It's just a really pleasant thing to play.