Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nux Pedals - more cheapies

What's Hot
UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12902
Anyone seen these on eBay? 

I picked up the "time core" for £35 delivered and it arrived today. The spec is mental for the price:

7 delay modes: 40s looper (!), reverse, modulated, pan, ping pong, analog, digital, and tape. 
Tap Tempo
Does that "trailing echos" thing when you switch it off
Stereo Outputs
True Bypass (apparently). 

To top it all off its tiny. Looking at it, it looks like its based on a TC Electronic Flashback but the controls are different so maybe not. 

Anyway, I had a (very quick) play with it earlier. Initial impressions are a mixed bag but 80% positive: I think it sounds great and there are a good mixture of wacky noises and very usable normal delay sounds. The bad thing is that working the tap tempo seems a bit confusing. I'm also not sure how much abuse the switch can handle, but mine is just intended for bedroom noodling so I'm sure it'll be fine. Definitely recommended at £35! I'm quite tempted by the "mod core" now.

I did a quick demo. I literally just plugged stuff in and started playing, so the levels are a bit odd and the playing is just stream of consciousness stuff. There's a few seconds of the bypassed sound and then I switch the delay on. Everything from that point on is just me, the guitar, and the delay pedal. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• £23 here

Crikey. At that price I'm tempted to get one even though I don't really need any more modulation...
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28312
    True bypass with trails? That seems improbable.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Sporky said:
    Yes I realised that after typing it. You can switch off the trails, maybe its true bypass when you do that. Not that I really care, it sounds perfectly acceptable in bypass mode. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    Scratching my head where I had seen Nux before. Argos.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    Cool. I just ordered one, for that money could be a useful.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• SporkySporky Frets: 28312
    Sporky said:
    Yes I realised that after typing it. You can switch off the trails, maybe its true bypass when you do that. Not that I really care, it sounds perfectly acceptable in bypass mode. 
    Aye - no point being cork-sniffy about it.

You could do TB and have trails by splitting the bypass and having a timer-based relay to go TB once the trails had died away, but frankly that'd be daft.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • If it's anything like the TC Electronic Toneprint pedals you can have trails but it changes from true-bypass to buffered. On the TC pedals you can also choose buffered and have trails off.

• Look at this one...

• Look at this one...

Ooooo....that looks interesting. The manual's rather amusing, though. Here's the list of models:

It looks like somebody did a find-and-replace of "mod" with "Time". In any case...the only mode I was particularly interested in is the "Multi-Head", but they seem to have confused that with a tremolo-based setting.
    <space for hire>
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    edited September 2013
    Interested in trying the PING PANG.

On a serious note though, I'm tempted by the Mod Core...

£27.40 delivered. It's from Hong Kong, via eBay/Paypal so not concerned about that.

• Look at this one...

Even cheaper here:
    Works out roughly £40 delivered (will be 2-3 weeks delivery though)

This is the one I remember Argos used to sell, dunno if they still do or not:
    It was a little portable thing:
  • Look at this one...

Even cheaper here:
    Works out roughly £40 delivered (will be 2-3 weeks delivery though)

This is the one I remember Argos used to sell, dunno if they still do or not:
    It was a little portable thing:
  • yep, that's the thing they had in Argos, although not in the current catalogue. There is a Nux Modcore on eBay, was about £15 when I spotted it earlier. Although really I want a Time Force just so I can use Ping Pang.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Demo here:

Looks like the multi-head mode might actually do what I want it to. I'm not expecting this to be a Timefactor or Timeline substitute, but if it can get most of the way there...
    <space for hire>
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    Just managed to scoop up the timefactor for £25 delivered off of ebay which is ideal as i only need it for the odd rendition of monster by the automatic and for the intro to welcome to the jungle!
    i'll let you know how it is when it arrives
  • Interested in trying the PING PANG.

On a serious note though, I'm tempted by the Mod Core...

£27.40 delivered. It's from Hong Kong, via eBay/Paypal so not concerned about that.

Just ordered one.  I'm a cheapskate so opted for the free delivery - £23 in total.

Provided it works and sound half decent it should be ideal for me.  I don't need modulation effects often so I don't want a dedicated pedal for each.
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    That Time Force looks really interesting for the price.. would be ideal for my little spare board.
  • im not a modulation fan at all but at £30 that seems like a no brainer
    How very rock and roll
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Just ordered one of the Time Force pedals, seems a steal for the price.. £47 inc shipping.