Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nux Pedals - more cheapies

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    You guys! 

I didn't mean to, but I've just ordered the orange delay!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looking forward to some reviews.  This thread came at a bad time, just as I was considering the mulit-effects route!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thinking about a flanger and noticed there is one in the Nux range. I think that t lock switch on the single stomps is some kind of pre set system.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    dogload said:
    You guys! 

I didn't mean to, but I've just ordered the orange delay!
    You didn't mean too..
    >:D<

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    At these prices you can afford to have one unit per setting used !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited September 2013
    :O At these prices you could buy them, re-paint them, add a couple of resistors across the pots and the gunk up the board - I reckon there is a tidy profit to be made there. ;)
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My Time Core turned up today and just had a quick blast.

A lot of delay for not a lot of money.

Nice. Very ORANGE.

Will give it a proper thrashing over the weekend and report back.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    Just ordered a Mod Core for the princely sum of £21.78
  • JD50 said:
    Just ordered a Mod Core for the princely sum of £21.78
    That's the one that was tempting me but i'm trying to cut back, not add to my board!  Imagine what you could get for £100-£150 buying NUX and Joyo, it's crazy.
  • My mod core turned up yesterday but I've not had a chance to play with it yet.  As long as it does passable versions of chorus and phaser I'll be happy.
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    RedRabbit said:
    My mod core turned up yesterday but I've not had a chance to play with it yet.  As long as it does passable versions of chorus and phaser I'll be happy.

Let us know how you get on.
    edited September 2013

I've just picked up my Time Core. It must have been delivered on Friday or Saturday, so that's less than a fortnight to get from Hong Kong or wherever. Not bad for free postage- I've had stuff from Ebay UK take longer!
    Anyway, first impressions- it's cute and orange and so much more compact than my current delay (an old Arion). It even had a battery in! Didn't bother with that though. PSU in, amp on and enter 'fiddle mode'.
    The 'Tape' setting was a bit of a disappointment in that it didn't have any obvious tape-like qualities such as wow or flutter and couldn't be driven to saturation like my old Copicat. Perhaps the missing artifacts will reveal themselves at higher volume.
    'Digital' produced a pretty good, clear delay, and 'Analog' is a warmer version of this. I didn't really push the digital mode, but the analog can be made to self oscillate, although in a rather polite way. This is no biggie as I use a Mooer Anaecho or Arion SAD1 for that anyway, but it's nice to know that it does that.
    Next up are 'Pan' and 'Ping-Pong'. I didn't have a stereo set up to try them to the full but they sounded pretty decent in mono anyway.
    'Mod' was pretty OK- the modulation wasn't overpowering and the setting is actually pretty usable.
    'Reverse' was the one I played with moost, to be honest- I love reverse-tape effects and have spent many years trying to perfect the 'backwards solo' effect live (occasionally successfully!). If you wind the mix up full you can get a fairly decent effect which is, of course. compromised by having a set delay time. this can be mitigated slightly by using the tap delay facility, but I have to concur with a previous poster that the switch doesn't feel too robust.
    The 'Hold' setting offers either 35 or 40 seconds (depending on whether you read the box or the instructions) of sampling time in which you can record a phrase, overlay etc like one of those there looper pedals. I'm not sure I'd use that but it is a useful addition and renders possibilities. 
    The 3-position micro switch offers thew options of 'normal' which is as the name suggests, foot switch operation is true bypass; 'tail' adds the delay tail when the effect is switched off.
    T-Lock is a bit of a weird one which I haven't explored fully. At first it just seems to lock the pedal to whatever setting it is on when the switch is engaged. However, the instructions explain how to create a pre-set which can be recalled by engaging the T-lock switch. This may prove useful, although I susoect that I will find the effort of having to remember to engage/ disengage the switch during a gig to be too much!

On the whole then, I'm quite impressed, although how hard-wearing the pedal may prove be in the long-term remains to be seen. The micro-switching does not instill confidence in someone who likes to jump on fuzz and wah pedals! But for 27 quid?

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Still waiting for my Time Force to be delivered.
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Delivered this morning.. seems to be good from what I've noted so far, robust, lots of options, preset settings are why I bought it and seems to do these well.. can't be had for the price..
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    I'm a bit late to this party, but the Time Force is ticking some boxes for me. How did it stand up to use? Any good?

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited January 2017
    @Col_Decker ; - I bought the NuX Amp Sim pedal a couple months back for £14. Dialed right down it does some nice things to your raw signal but I am not really bonding with it like some of it's stablemate 'Kokko' mini units I have too... But I have learned to bide my time with gear as more often than not, it will one day step up to the plate and you'll be glad you had it!

Is whisper quiet and nice no POP switch. Some bemoan that the jacks are flimsy/intermittent but that may also be poor/cheap cable jacks being plugged in... Still, £14...!

http://i68.tinypic.com/2qvcwhh.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I have a Nux ModCore on my board which is really useful for it's half-decent rotary and vibe/Univibe effects and even occasional phaser. Unfortunately it's the second one I've had (the other one just died!), but at 17 or 18 quid I wasn't too bothered. I am however now even less convinced of their sturdiness

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    Aye the build quality / durability is my main concern. All those features in a £30 box makes me think that it's made out of paper. 

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

Actually, when I come to think about it, I stopped using my second ModCore because that one suddenly stopped working as well. Just out of curiosity I tried it out again a while later and it was OK, so it went back on my board. The original one is still dead, no matter how often I hook it up or prod it's innards.