2»

Comments

• @Exorcist - no, I didn’t need to.

Syringes are the answer, along with *careful* separation of the break - you’d be surprised how much give there can be.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72549

I wonder what caused the neck to crack like that.
    I would guess the guitar falling forwards and landing on the end of the headstock, since it’s clearly been pushed backwards relative to the neck. There is a suspicious mark on the tip of it...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14553
    Could even have happened inside the case, whilst in transit.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
    ICBM said:

I wonder what caused the neck to crack like that.
    I would guess the guitar falling forwards and landing on the end of the headstock, since it’s clearly been pushed backwards relative to the neck. There is a suspicious mark on the tip of it...
    That's exactly what happened to mine, and got the same cracks. Thought I had straplocks on, had rushed home on a lunchbreak to twiddle with a new FUCH's amp I had just bought, lean't over and off it popped. I could have cried. One of my most cherished guitars too :( I couldn't even look at the damage for weeks, and its pretty much been in a case since it happened a few years ago. 

Thanks @HarrySeven I'll try the syringe method and hope for the best.
  • I've certainly no idea what it is, but rather like it. It's almost what Rickenbacker might have designed if they were making a superstrat. Odd that the neck is a totally different colour.
    Pickups look like they might be the old Maxons I like, but loads of pickups look like that. Hope it sounds great when it's settled down & set up. Great buy.
  • I've certainly no idea what it is, but rather like it. It's almost what Rickenbacker might have designed if they were making a superstrat. Odd that the neck is a totally different colour.
    Pickups look like they might be the old Maxons I like, but loads of pickups look like that. Hope it sounds great when it's settled down & set up. Great buy.
    Cheers! Very pleased with it. Pickups are apparently vintage Kent Armstrong.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/