Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fender Ultra Series

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14266
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Jalapeno said:
    Strat54 said:
    More nonsense and an excuse for a price rise no doubt. They couldn't even come up with a new name for the series....anyone remember the late 80's?

http://xhefriguitars.com/Stuff/Fender%20Brochure%201990%20p1.jpg
    Still got mine (and it was the mid 90s, but no matter)
    I think @Strat54's right.  I got my Deluxe Strat Plus (or was it a Strat Plus Deluxe?) in 1989, about six months before I bought my flat.  I had to sell it to keep up with those first few mortgage payments.
    The Ultra version followed the Strat PLus Deluxe - Top of the line of the range - Figured maple 'veneer' tops plus 'exotic' finishes - and some had the 'locking' Floyd Rose style trem, or should I say designed/licenced/inspired by' F Rose, although some had no F Rose label on them and some say designed by George Banda (Fender designer at the time - I think that is his name) - No fine tuners but still you had to nip off the ball end - Came out around 1990 - And ebony boards - Think they all had the HSS format on the Strat
    George Blanda  ;) 

I was close enough for jazz - but thanks - I knew it was George just could not fully recall his surname - I've had a look at the xhefriguitar link again - Seen it many times but not for a while - Some good info in there
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice to see the truss rod adjust back at the headstock... the cut away from the fret board on the heel end of the Elite's looked awful...
    Julian

Owner of the New (in 2019) guitar shop in Frome, Somerset. Coffee House Guitars. Selling a range of high end used guitars.

• For it to be ultra it needs to be more like a dk24 
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    edited November 2019
    For it to be ultra it needs to be more like a dk24 
    You could get one and a nice second hand American strat and still have change for the same price
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1085
    We are all cynics I know, but holy shit I am loving the Mocha Jazzmaster. I must have watched the Fender video about 20 times by now https://youtu.be/gHv5hmKZ62g.

I think all the changes are great - particularly as it seems set up to allow more soloing and noodling up the neck. It also just looks like more of a workhorse. Of course, purists will argue that it’s less Jazzmastery, but I’ve struggled with many a Jazzmaster over the years and the romance wears off a bit after a while!

I almost bought a LP custom recently but I’m GASing hard for this. Hopefully it wears off before the holidays come!!!
  • LPManic said:
    We are all cynics I know, but holy shit I am loving the Mocha Jazzmaster. I must have watched the Fender video about 20 times by now https://youtu.be/gHv5hmKZ62g.

I think all the changes are great - particularly as it seems set up to allow more soloing and noodling up the neck. It also just looks like more of a workhorse. Of course, purists will argue that it’s less Jazzmastery, but I’ve struggled with many a Jazzmaster over the years and the romance wears off a bit after a while!

I almost bought a LP custom recently but I’m GASing hard for this. Hopefully it wears off before the holidays come!!!
    I mean this guitar sounds very, very pretty. And whatever you think of the rest of the series, DENTISTS DON'T PLAY JAZZMASTERS. So... it's interesting.
    Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/