Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

How do you consume music?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Streaming for me.  Very occasionally I’ll buy some new vinyl but I find it a bit of a nause to be honest - and to my ears, it doesn’t sound any better than 320kps. 

I have a very short attention span so to be able to shuffle the 7000 or so songs that I have saved on Spotify is brilliant. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22831
    RobDavies said:
    I have a very short attention span so to be able to shuffle the 7000 or so songs that I have saved on Spotify is brilliant. 
    I still listen to whole albums.  In fact on Spotify I may start with the band's newest album then just let it run all the way through the back-catalogue.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72340
    I interpreted ‘consume’ as buy. I actually *listen* to my CDs by ripping them and playing them on my computer, mostly - just more convenient, as I mostly listen as background music when I’m working.

That said I put on the actual CD of the remastered London Calling I just got yesterday on my proper hi-fi, and I really should do that more often...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    Philly_Q said:
    RobDavies said:
    I still listen to whole albums.  In fact on Spotify I may start with the band's newest album then just let it run all the way through the back-catalogue.
    This is a good point.

Love or hate it, streaming has opened things right out. I still listen to albums and love it when I find a band that's new to me and I start going back through their albums. I don't listen to single tracks at all really, only if they happen to be on a playlist. I still prefer picking an artist / band and listening to a full album then moving onto another full album. Ready-made playlists are a brilliant way of discovering new stuff and I listen to so much more music now than I used to, and much more varied stuff too.

• Lately it's been mainly vinyl. Have been buying a few from charity shops. I have a USB stick with loads of stuff on it as well which is permanently plugged into my TV. TV speakers are switched off and it goes through my hifi. Also listen to cds a fair bit. I don't have an account anymore but use Spotify on my phone sometimes too. Also YouTube...mainly linked from here.
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    98% Spotify. Very occasional download for a song I want to learn or practice.