Ever have trouble sleeping following a practice / gig?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    PVO_Dave said:
    In all the bands I've been in, after a late night practice I always takes an age to get to sleep after, like my brain is still racing. Gigs I sort of understand as there is usually a bit of a buzz / nerves from playing in front of people.

Mentioned it to a guy at work, he 'suffers' from the same thing after doing his evening radio show.

Any of you guys experience the same? 
    I get that problem after a good rehearsal. I am constantly going over the material and it dominates my thoughts. Usually results in a crap nights sleep. 

If you find the cure let me know
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Rehearsals are different for us due to needing to drive for 40mins to our bassist's house for them.

Gigs - its easier now, but there's definitely a period of wind down at home. Sometimes a drink, sometimes just looking at the net, sometimes just processing how it went in a reflective sense rather than in detail. I'm normally quite tired the following morning, but that tiredness rarely manifests itself in needing to hit the sack the moment we return home after the gig.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom