Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Tell me about the Strat Plus

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930
    Here's a not-great pic of my 89/90 Gun Metal Blue That I have had since new (29 years!).
    That's like mine, except it had a maple board, and that's the colour I remember.  Although I asked for Gun Metal Blue for my CS Strat, it's a darker blue, looks almost black in dim light.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Philly_Q ; I bet your CS Strat will relic more quickly than mine! The Poly is strong with this one.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930
    @Philly_Q ; I bet your CS Strat will relic more quickly than mine! The Poly is strong with this one.
    It certainly will, the CS have already helped it well along the relic pathway..!  ;)
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    Here's a not-great pic of my 89/90 Gun Metal Blue That I have had since new (29 years!).

It has had many bridge pickups, two refrets, has a mismatched locking tuner roller due to the loss of one of the originals in a field, and I replaced the Wilkinson roller nut with an LSR when the original started being a dick.

Tremsetter is long gone, it's in with the case candy which I still have for some reason!

One of the first plus's i looked at with a view to buying was Gunmetal blue, it's a nice colour. There was quite a big chunk out of the headstock so i gave it a miss. The bridge pickup is later than 1992 when Lace recessed the lettering to stop it rubbing off.  
  • ronnyb said:

It has had many bridge pickups, two refrets, has a mismatched locking tuner roller due to the loss of one of the originals in a field, and I replaced the Wilkinson roller nut with an LSR when the original started being a dick.

Tremsetter is long gone, it's in with the case candy which I still have for some reason!

One of the first plus's i looked at with a view to buying was Gunmetal blue, it's a nice colour. There was quite a big chunk out of the headstock so i gave it a miss. The bridge pickup is later than 1992 when Lace recessed the lettering to stop it rubbing off.  

Yes it was three golds originally. It has had a blue in the neck (didn't like), three real single coils, a Hot Rails in the bridge for a rock band, and now a red sensor that is about as good as the Hot Rails, i.e. not very!!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.