Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gumtree

What's Hot

Comments

• ive never had problems selling stuff on gumtree. i dont get involved with timewasters. if a silly lowball offer comes through i simple reply "no thanks" hardly time consuming. If a silly request for information or photographs of the innards i cant be bothered with i simply ignore. Yes i get the enquiries of "is it still available" , "yes it is" then hear nothing but its hardly wasting much time. I never post stuff or meet people in service stations , they have to come here, cash only. i prefer it to ebay as you can talk to these people and theres no fees.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You guys do realise its not the market place that's  the issue here its humans, they all use ebay Facebook and gumtree, theirs no real difference in the real world. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It's always been like this. When you had to put ads in the paper it was like every radge & their crazoid cousin would contact you. (With some honourable exceptions.)

Phone goes at sometime after I'd gone to bed with work the next day. Guy on the other end "Is the car still for sale?" I assume referring to an Auto Trader advert from a few weeks ago "Sorry it's sold, bye"  Guy on the other end "Who would buy that, they're fucking horrible, y' no think so?"
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    Graham's just asked me if my strat's black or sunburst

straight away I answered yeah it's sunburst

but it's all gone quiet now.....

.....Graham ???
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6682
    Just to put everyone's mind at rest, someone on here offerred me £350 for an instrument listed at £2500.... 
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlin said:
    Just to put everyone's mind at rest, someone on here offerred me £350 for an instrument listed at £2500.... 
    What a bawbag - I hope you told him to fuck off :)
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    merlin said:

What about £400 and a Kindle?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106

merlin said:
    What a bawbag - I hope you told him to fuck off :)
    Was the best offer I could make at the moment x
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    merlin said:
    You don't understand! He really needs a guitar and that would be perfect. =) 
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    Facebook marketplace is no better: I'm selling some roof bars; first "buyer" never showed up, the next one asked me lots of questions, asked for more photos and then nothing.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6682
    merlin said:
    Just read the thread. He actually offerred £300!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72322
    The golden rule to save yourself a lot of bother is to simply never reply to any message that looks remotely like it's from a timewaster or lowballer - not even to say no. If they get no reply they just give up very quickly, and even if they don't it doesn't really take any more effort to keep ignoring them.

I've sold quite a few things on it with no trouble, but the proportion of timewasting messages to useful ones is at least 10 to 1.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5369
    merlin said:
    merlin said:
    So would you take £350?
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    You guys have it easy.

Back in the day you had to send your advert by post to the Exchange and Mart along with a crossed postal order for the insertion fee and wait about 10 days before the ad appeared in print.

Then the phone would start ringing with all kinds of craziness from seasoned punters. When you finally agreed a sale you waited for the cheque or postal order to arrive and eventally cleared funds for some cash. Then pack and post the item.

People tended to be generally more trustworthy back then. I can honestly say I was never ripped off as buyer or seller.  

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5369
    The old paper classifieds just took too much minor aggro and cost to make it worthwhile being a twat. When it's 10 seconds effort and 0 cost ...
  • merlin said:
    merlin said:
    il give you £350 and a cuckoo clock
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    Snags said:
    Hey at least people are making offers. My stuff's so undesirable no-one ever messages until about 4 months later when I get a raft of "Is this still available?" messages which then go dead when I say "Yes."
    Is any of your stuff still available?
  • BodBod Frets: 1299
    I got this when listing a keyboard.

"Hi I’m so sorry for the delay !! The reason I’ve enquirer is because I’m returning to college as a mature student as a sound tech and creating music has always been my goal . I’m currently having to locate and build myself a small studio in between raising my children so was wondering if you were able to go any lower on the price at all ? I’m sorry to ask but I’ve really struggled with everyday outgoings etc !! Totally understand if your unable to reduce the price but it’s perfect for what I’m trying to create for my family !! Regards Leon"
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10268
    Bod said:
    I got this when listing a keyboard.

"Hi I’m so sorry for the delay !! The reason I’ve enquirer is because I’m returning to college as a mature student as a sound tech and creating music has always been my goal . I’m currently having to locate and build myself a small studio in between raising my children so was wondering if you were able to go any lower on the price at all ? I’m sorry to ask but I’ve really struggled with everyday outgoings etc !! Totally understand if your unable to reduce the price but it’s perfect for what I’m trying to create for my family !! Regards Leon"

Yeah, sorry about not being it touch since. 

I've had a few issues to deal with lately.
    My studio recently burned down and the kids have fucked off with the missus so I've been a little tied up lately. 

Is the keyboard still for sale?

Laugh, love, live, learn.