2»

Comments

• Holy shit, Wayne Krantz is playing 55 bar tonight
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Took a little ill last few days, possibly because was out doing so much - exhausted. 

Today is Shake Shack for breakfast and Katz's deli for a famous pastrami sandwich before flying back. 

Trying to recount what I've done....

Statue of liberty, Macy's, St Patrick's cathedral, Rockefeller tree, saw lots of public art displays (pics when back..), briefly went into guitar center, saw beetlejuice and chicago on Broadway, times Square, boat cruise by night, bus and boat cruise by day, Gallaghers for a 3-course dinner (lentil and sausage soup with an amazing fruit bread, steak with mash and spinach, cheesecake), juniors for cheesecake, $1 pizza, hotdog, pancakes, Plaza for breakfast (home alone 2), hell's kitchen authentic Italian for dinner, Elle's stardust diner, occulus, 911 memorial (wow - incredibly impressive), grand Central station, Bryant park Christmas market, Central park, Tiffany's, trump tower (I got "the tower" cocktail), hard rock cafe (I got the local burger which nobody goes for - has Apple in it, was lovely), FAO Schwartz, saw the place John Lennon was shot, Marilyn Monroe grate, Highline, the vessel (honeycomb structure) - saw some warship from a distance with jets on it looked cool, flatiron building, Chelsea, wall street, hooters, we stood "under the crotch..." Saw Chrysler and empire state buildings (never went up any.. tried a rooftop bar one night but no ID so no luck), bunch of stores, spent a lot of money. Learned a lot from local guides, briefly glanced little Italy and Chinatown. 

Really feel we saw quite a lot.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    edited December 2019
    Sounds a great trip, we did many of those things where were there in 2016, the wife & kids want to go back at Christmas time one day to see the lights.

• I feel exhausted. I like to visit cities but definitely prefer living in quieter places. It was cool to come here at this time of year. Took about $1k dollars and almost spent it. It's been about £2k all in. Another one off the bucket list - got to do these things 8)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Holy shit, Wayne Krantz is playing 55 bar tonight

And did you ?
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Didn't, was feeling ill and it wasn't my girlfriend's sort of thing. Shame, I know...!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Didn't, was feeling ill and it wasn't my girlfriend's sort of thing. Shame, I know...!

Have to go back then ! Next time ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Give me another ten years to save up lol