Kemper output options

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1089
    It was, yes, but even I think that's faulty as some of the boxes don't change to undarken/darken. There's also no backlight on the display meaning I have to use a torch to see the screen! So definitely a dodgy unit. Think I'm going to have to return it and ask for a new one as no Kemper's have no backlight, its a selling feature of the amp!

And I don't think you're meant to plug the KPA into a combo speaker that's already powered by an amp, there's an existing cable already plugged into the detachable speaker that's meant to go into the profiler but it won't reach so I can't achieve this anyway.

This was not the experience I wanted moving to digital!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
    Have you done a factory reset/init all parameters? Sounds a bit iffy. I don't mean to be patronising just covering the the bases. The backlight intensity can be changed in the System menu, have you had a play there just in case? That really sucks, I hope you can get it sorted quickly.
    edited May 2020
    Yes I have done that and played with the brightness settings, but the display backlight doesn't change so obviously an LED hardware issue. Definitely a faulty unit.

Haven't picked the best time to be sending stuff back either with all the lockdown malark!
    Ah that's a bugger. Did you order directly from Kemper or through a retailer?
    Through a retailer, but I did contact Kemper directly and they said it's a hardware fault, and the unit is under warranty. But In have to go through the retailer, I mean, I could deal with them direct but I'd have to pay for the shipping costs.
    Hopefully the retailer will be good and get you a unit shipped while they are collecting yours.
    edited May 2020
    I hope so, never thought I'd have this run of luck when getting a KPA. 

I'll probably wanna get a passive speaker cab (as in the Kemper Kabinet) too as the DSL would colour the tone of the profiles too much.
    New unit was delivered yesterday (from a different retailer) as had to wait 3 weeks to send back/get my refund.

All LED lights and power amp working fine as I got a 1x12 passive speaker cabinet and its sounding great particularly with the high gain profiles and cab emulation off. Fender cleans not so much but its ok I guess. Even made a few 'performances' using 3 rigs for my lessons.

Next to try through my monitors though I'll need 2 x TRS cables.