General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28875
    Just finished HFW. Absolutely ace. Not flawless, but very, very good. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3176
    edited April 2022
    Sporky said:
    Just finished HFW. Absolutely ace. Not flawless, but very, very good. 

How long did that take, I'm close to  10 hours in, haven't finished the tutorial yet, though I have managed to collect a few trophies, and all 5 or 6 of the sun signal things, Iv'e just reached the first hunting ground for the hunting tutorials, still haven't reached the embassy yet.
  • I've done a couple more dungeons on elden ring last night. Still using rogiers rapier, though may give it bleed at some point. Really want to find a good dex weapon but I really like the moveset that comes with this rapier.

Teleported somewhere near the top of the map and immediately killed. I did 1000 damage and it was nothing... So I'm going back to raya lucaria. I did a boss there then wandered off and forgot what I was supposed to do! 

How long did that take, I'm close to  10 hours in, haven't finished the tutorial yet, though I have managed to collect a few trophies, and all 5 or 6 of the sun signal things, Iv'e just reached the first hunting ground for the hunting tutorials, still haven't reached the embassy yet.
    I think I'm a bit over 100 hours. Not done any melee pits, Strike matches, or hunting grounds. A few things still to upgrade, but I think I've done every other side mission and errand and defogged all the map.

One of those games where I want to restart it straight away and do the whole thing again the same (though paying more attention to the elemental stuff). 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10357
    I've done a couple more dungeons on elden ring last night. Still using rogiers rapier, though may give it bleed at some point. Really want to find a good dex weapon but I really like the moveset that comes with this rapier.

Teleported somewhere near the top of the map and immediately killed. I did 1000 damage and it was nothing... So I'm going back to raya lucaria. I did a boss there then wandered off and forgot what I was supposed to do! 
    I've got an Uchigatana and a Nagakiba that I dual wield. I put Bloody Slash on the Nagakiba so it can scale with arcane, which I've then invested in a bit. My dex is about 40. 
  • I've done a couple more dungeons on elden ring last night. Still using rogiers rapier, though may give it bleed at some point. Really want to find a good dex weapon but I really like the moveset that comes with this rapier.

I've got an Uchigatana and a Nagakiba that I dual wield. I put Bloody Slash on the Nagakiba so it can scale with arcane, which I've then invested in a bit. My dex is about 40. 

Have not found either of those yet, but I'm sure I'll bump into them soon :) 
    I've done a couple more dungeons on elden ring last night. Still using rogiers rapier, though may give it bleed at some point. Really want to find a good dex weapon but I really like the moveset that comes with this rapier.

I started with the Uchi and I killed some quest giver for the Naga. I didn't know what he was until it was too late. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

I started with the Uchi and I killed some quest giver for the Naga. I didn't know what he was until it was too late. 

Classic soulsborne role playing there! 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7306
    Well after a couple of reall productve session I spent about 50 mins failing to kill mad tongue albrecht in the roundtable hold.

Its frustrating ebcause I can reliably savage him down to about 10% health really easily but once he drinks his potion Im just not consistent enough dodging his moves to finish him off. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Oh yeah learning that flame catch was actually good and buying flame sling made a bit of a huge difference. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Oh my god, there is a fight in the round table hold? I had no idea! 
    Oh my god, there is a fight in the round table hold? I had no idea! 
    Isn't he the guy in the area below the balcony?

Dunno, never been

So, turns out, katana twin blade is... Toxic. Needs nerfing maybe? I have invaded three times and all three times been absolutely mullered by people mindlessly swiping bleed katana twin build.

Not fun, I reckon countered by magic at a push? 
    That's thr chap 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ

Dunno, never been

So, turns out, katana twin blade is... Toxic. Needs nerfing maybe? I have invaded three times and all three times been absolutely mullered by people mindlessly swiping bleed katana twin build.

It has been. Arcane bleed has been nerfed quite heavily recently. I've never been invaded!

Dunno, never been

It has been. Arcane bleed has been nerfed quite heavily recently. I've never been invaded!

Jesus it was worse?! I died in three rapid-fire hits, bleed didn't even fully build on me.

Insane. I hope it goes more like dark souls and bb - people pick fun builds, and not many go for the strongest these days. 
    Can you disable all the online nonsense? 
    Sporky said:
    It's not nonsense. It's important information. Like, finger butt hole and fort nite. And why is it always dung. 

(Play offline)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:

The online stuff is a genuinely brilliant part of the game. Making serious progress, then being invaded and killed and undoing your hard work is a big part of these games - likewise, invading and battling others is super fun.

I think it's just early days - people are researching OP builds and using them. Hopefully it'll tone down a bit in time. The same happened in dark souls and the moonlight greatsword.

I love co-op as well - but by being engaged in co-op, you risk invasion. Playing without online is entirely possible, and it's generally how I play after my first run through, but I love all the nonsense that comes with it in the first run. 
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3176
    Sporky said:

I think I'm a bit over 100 hours. Not done any melee pits, Strike matches, or hunting grounds. A few things still to upgrade, but I think I've done every other side mission and errand and defogged all the map.

One of those games where I want to restart it straight away and do the whole thing again the same (though paying more attention to the elemental stuff). 

I've done the first melee pit, that was super easy, all fights completed first try in under a minute for all of them combined.  Was hoping to havde a blast at the first hunting ground today, but had too much to do, and not enough time to do it all, so didn't get a chance to fire up the PS4.