General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• wibblewibble Frets: 1112
    I was looking forward to Cyberpunk but held off ordering to wait for the next gen version which has now been further delayed. I'm glad I didn't preorder.

This article gives some insight as to why content was cut etc

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If you enjoy the concept of cyberpunk 2077, deus ex etc get a group of cyberpunk loving mates and play the tabletop.

In a couple of decades, video gaming may be able to achieve a similar level of depth but until then, the tabletop does it better. 

I've seen some let's plays and it looks like fallout 3, bit more depth, but not as astronomical leap forward as hoped. I feel for the game devs who were pushed and pushed by "the man" to get this janky game out as fast as possible. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12015
    edited January 2021
    By no means Cyberpunk is a small game but it just promises so much, they built so much of the surface but when you look behind the curtain, there isn't much there.  Granted I have got my money's worth with the hours i put in, it's just deep down I feel like the potential is wasted, they made it looks soooo good (as a new game these days should), they just not or forgot the more fundamental stuff, stuff that has already been done better, before, years ago.

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2445
    In prep for Hitman 3 on Wednesday, I've gone back to Hitman and Hitman 2, and Sniper Assassin. I'd forgotten how much I love these games - basically, massive levels full of puzzles around how to kill people.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you enjoy the concept of cyberpunk 2077, deus ex etc get a group of cyberpunk loving mates and play the tabletop.

In a couple of decades, video gaming may be able to achieve a similar level of depth but until then, the tabletop does it better. 

I've seen some let's plays and it looks like fallout 3, bit more depth, but not as astronomical leap forward as hoped. I feel for the game devs who were pushed and pushed by "the man" to get this janky game out as fast as possible. 
    I’d go as far to say that it has less depth than FO3, it’s the Holland of RPGs. :(
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Not been around for a while but was beyond gutted Cyberpunk turned out the way it did.

Thankfully I'd not opened mine so returned it and picked of GOT instead,

• I'm still playing slay the spire, because borderlands 3 was boring/easy/yawn inducing and unfunny.

I'm now ascension 11 and the difficulty has really ramped up - starting with a curse, and only two potion slots. I've not yet killed the heart on anything above ascension 7 I think... 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    Star Wars Battlefront 2 is free to keep on Epic Games Store until 21st
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2481
    I gave up on Borderlands 3 after about 10 hours. The franchise hasn't aged well, the pace was slow, and the humour generally missed the mark.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • strtdv said:
    I gave up on Borderlands 3 after about 10 hours. The franchise hasn't aged well, the pace was slow, and the humour generally missed the mark.
    I gave it another go last night, just in case it got better, but no...

Borderlands 2 was quite brilliant, but borderlands 3 is to borderlands 2 what diablo 3 is to diablo 2.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1112
    I finished platinuming Assassins Creed Valhalla the other day after the big patch dropped - a quest was glitched preventing me from progressing with the 100% completion trophy.

Overall a good game
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17814
    tFB Trader
    I'm still playing slay the spire, because borderlands 3 was boring/easy/yawn inducing and unfunny.

I'm now ascension 11 and the difficulty has really ramped up - starting with a curse, and only two potion slots. I've not yet killed the heart on anything above ascension 7 I think... 

Have you tried Dicey Dungeons?
  • I'm still playing slay the spire, because borderlands 3 was boring/easy/yawn inducing and unfunny.

Have you tried Dicey Dungeons?
    No, but I might if you recommend it. 

Slay the spire is just so perfectly balanced though. It punishes me ruthlessly for bad choices and planning, but when I get it right I can easily beat the heart. My record was a 45 minute heart win at ascension 6, it took 4 turns - poison, poison, catalyst+, catalyst+, catalyst, wraith form. Finished at full health! 

I had an attempt this morning (I'm off sick at the moment) and lost to a floor 8 Lagavulin on ascension 12 because I didn't plan for a Lagavulin fight, I planned too heavily for sentries. 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I didn't realise Slay the Spire was available on PlayStation. I might give it a go.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I enjoyed Darkest Dungeon, it was brilliant (no pun intended)
  • ennspek said:
    I didn't realise Slay the Spire was available on PlayStation. I might give it a go.
    It seems a patch behind the pc version... For example, I started a shiv build on ps4 but then discovered the blade dance card only generates 2 (3) shivs for 1 energy, compared to on pc generating 3 (4) for one energy. 

But maybe a patch is coming. 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    wibble said:
    I finished platinuming Assassins Creed Valhalla the other day after the big patch dropped - a quest was glitched preventing me from progressing with the 100% completion trophy.

Overall a good game

I really enjoyed it, and didn't expect to. I'm looking forward to the various DLC that will come out over the year.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1483
    LuttiS said:
    is it good? 

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    joneve said:
    LuttiS said:
    is it good? 

Its good as free!

Actually it is pretty fun. It's the "new" battlefront 2 rather than the old 2005 battlefront 2.

It's low key fun, without a huge amount of commitment. The campaign is pretty straightforward and doesn't require a lot of thinking, but the multiplayer is where it shines. Big 40 person battles on a variety of Starwars locations and all factions, it was incredibly satisfying.

Not sure i'd pay top price for it as it's not really my thing.. but for casual entertainment i imagine it will stay installed for  quite a while.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1483
    LuttiS said:
    joneve said:
    LuttiS said:
    is it good? 

Its good as free!

Actually it is pretty fun. It's the "new" battlefront 2 rather than the old 2005 battlefront 2.

It's low key fun, without a huge amount of commitment. The campaign is pretty straightforward and doesn't require a lot of thinking, but the multiplayer is where it shines. Big 40 person battles on a variety of Starwars locations and all factions, it was incredibly satisfying.

Not sure i'd pay top price for it as it's not really my thing.. but for casual entertainment i imagine it will stay installed for  quite a while.
    Cheers! Just realised that the version through the Epic Games website is online play via PC/Mac, but I only really use my PS4 for gaming. :( 

I've "bought" it anyway, but won't use it, I don't think! :D