General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12009
    PS5 was in stock for like a minute in John Lewis this morning, I had it as far as having it in my basket but could not check out.  The site/app was hammered.

Was gone before I know it.

Amazon had the Xbox Series X too yesterday for 2 mins.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PS5 was in stock for like a minute in John Lewis this morning, I had it as far as having it in my basket but could not check out.  The site/app was hammered.

I wouldn't get the earliest runs. These will be the ones with a fatal fault in a year. 

I'll wait until the V2 that irons that stuff out :) I don't think there has been a generation since ps2 without this issue. 
  • PS5 was in stock for like a minute in John Lewis this morning, I had it as far as having it in my basket but could not check out.  The site/app was hammered.

I wouldn't get the earliest runs. These will be the ones with a fatal fault in a year. 

I'll wait until the V2 that irons that stuff out :) I don't think there has been a generation since ps2 without this issue. 
    True, but I've still got a V1 PS3 and PS2 that are both going strong! :mrgreen:

How long is it normally until we see a "slim" version...?
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2445
    edited January 2021
    PS5 was in stock for like a minute in John Lewis this morning, I had it as far as having it in my basket but could not check out.  The site/app was hammered.

I'll wait until the V2 that irons that stuff out I don't think there has been a generation since ps2 without this issue. 
    You sure about that...? Care to make a wager? ;)

I'll come back and quote this in November to let you know if my Series X and PS5 have any issues....
    The only Console that ever died on me was a Xbox 360.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    The only Console that ever died on me was a Xbox 360.
    I've (thankfully) never had a 1st-batch console die on me. I know the 360 was notorious for it, though. Good ol' 3 lights of DOOOOOOOOOM!
    That's what I had, but technically, I didn't buy it.  It was a gift from a friend back at the time when I was an amateur photographer and took some photos of his wedding and he gave that to me as a gift.  It was a used one from GAME...so I just took it back and got another (also used) but that one has been fine since.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27504
    I had a first-issue PS2, PS3 and PS4 and no issues with any of them.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7504
    edited January 2021
    FarleyUK said:

I'll wait until the V2 that irons that stuff out I don't think there has been a generation since ps2 without this issue. 
    You sure about that...? Care to make a wager?

I'll come back and quote this in November to let you know if my Series X and PS5 have any issues....

To be fair, most of them will be fine, they churn them out by the thousands. 

But I have had a ps2, ps3 and ps4 all crap out (all within warranty!) and my friend had the red ring of death on his xbox. 

All were relatively well known issues ironed out on later versions I believe  

No wager though. I hope they're built like tanks, so in a couple of years I can pick one up for less than retail!

For balance, I have a ps2 slim and an n64 that are donkeys old and work flawlessly. :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1483
    A friend of mine just posted through my letterbox the THPS 1+2 remake and Uncharted Trilogy (so I can complete the 3rd, I've done 1 and 2)

Should keep me busy until I can borrow TLOU2
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    If anyone is a fan of the Metroidvania type games, and you should be, Bloodstained: ritual of the night is on sale in the PS Store.
    I'm sick and tired of game 'releases' being at a certain time of the day. Whatever happened to them being unlocked / released at midnight?

Also, there seems to be show-stopping issues with pretty much every new big game release now. Case in point - Hitman 3. Released today, but you cannot import Hitman 1 and 2 progress as the website is down due to traffic. Gee, didn't see THAT coming....
  • FarleyUK said:
    I'm sick and tired of game 'releases' being at a certain time of the day. Whatever happened to them being unlocked / released at midnight?

Also, there seems to be show-stopping issues with pretty much every new big game release now. Case in point - Hitman 3. Released today, but you cannot import Hitman 1 and 2 progress as the website is down due to traffic. Gee, didn't see THAT coming....

Pfft, nowadays triple a games are not even finished when they're released! 

Timing is determined by release date *and* timezone. 
  • ennspek said:
    If anyone is a fan of the Metroidvania type games, and you should be, Bloodstained: ritual of the night is on sale in the PS Store.
    £35 for me today :(
    Ouch, I got it for £12 the other day.
  • ennspek said:
    Ouch, I got it for £12 the other day.
    I've wanted it for ages, looks absolutely brilliant. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10374
    FarleyUK said:

I bought it but cancelled it as I thought I should play 1 and 2 first. 1 is coming tomorrow, 2 is on PS: Now and then I’ll buy three. 
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    Finished Cat Quest last night.  I enjoyed it but you could tell it was a mobile game that was just ported on to console but it was pretty cheap.  Loads and loads of cat puns which were a welcome addition.

Moved on to Sleeping Dogs now, I finished it back on the PS3 but never did 100% it so I think I'll look to complete that.  I had a lot of fun with it back in the day and I have a list as long as my arm of games I need to complete so I thought I'd make some inroads on that before I purchase anything new.

Saw the PS5 debacle that went on today, some scalper bot tweeting out bragging about how they're were stopping people getting a PS5 and how easy it was which lead to a guy to tweet Game UK showing them the screenshots of scalpers listings on eBay with confirmation of PS5's which were all predominantly from Game's stock.  Game rather than thanking the guy for the heads up blocked the account instead...

However Game have since announced that they are checking all pre-orders and if customers have bought a PS5 in the past or who ordered more than one will have their orders cancelled/reduced to one unit.  I'm still in the process of saving up for one and won't be looking to get one until March/April but I sympathise with anyone trying to get a PS5/Series X at the moment because people's greed knows no bounds.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The whole new console thing is doing my head in. Just do it via a lottery, fuck the scalpers.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    Ooerr New Vegas 2 rumours.. something to look forward to. 2nd half of this decade here we come!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom