General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• MattharrierMattharrier Frets: 455
    I don't do a lot of gaming these days (I used to fill the hours and hours of every day with gaming, movies, TV and so on - and podcasting and writing about it - but since I met my now-wife I do normal things with my spare time, like "enjoy" the One Show, mow the lawn and so on), so I tend to play whatever is on Game Pass and whatever I borrow of people. Recently it's been Jedi Fallen Order, Star Wars Squadrons, Gears 5 and a bit of Destiny (although that last one got binned off because it seems to deliberately prevent two people playing it like a normal coop campaign, and so we would have had to play everything twice for me and my brother to progress).

Since finishing Fallen Order, I've not seen anything that really takes my fancy - wife is away this weekend so hopefully I'll get a chance to sit down and put a few hours into something.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • YellowLedBetterManYellowLedBetterMan Frets: 1194
    edited June 2021
    I forgot how great Crusader Kings 2 is/was. The release of 3 made me stop playing it, but to me 2 is still the gold standard of grand strategy games.

There's a reason I have over 1000 hours logged in it according to Steam.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't do a lot of gaming these days (I used to fill the hours and hours of every day with gaming, movies, TV and so on - and podcasting and writing about it - but since I met my now-wife I do normal things with my spare time, like "enjoy" the One Show, mow the lawn and so on), so I tend to play whatever is on Game Pass and whatever I borrow of people. Recently it's been Jedi Fallen Order, Star Wars Squadrons, Gears 5 and a bit of Destiny (although that last one got binned off because it seems to deliberately prevent two people playing it like a normal coop campaign, and so we would have had to play everything twice for me and my brother to progress).

Since finishing Fallen Order, I've not seen anything that really takes my fancy - wife is away this weekend so hopefully I'll get a chance to sit down and put a few hours into something.
    There's a ton of stuff on Gamepass. Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts was enough to satisfy my inner engineering nerd when I played it on Xbox 360. The Forza games are probably the best racing games around right now, and the Halo games are as famous as they are for a reason.

My favourite game of all time - Fallout New Vegas - is on Gamepass too I believe. There really is lots to choose from.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27618
    Finished Ratchet & Clank and thoroughly enjoyed it. Batshit guns, good humour and a decent length. Apparently the New Game+ mode is decent too with more weapon upgrades so will definitely go through it again at some point. 

probably the best looking game I’ve ever played too, which is nice when you have a new TV :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • MattharrierMattharrier Frets: 455

There's a ton of stuff on Gamepass. Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts was enough to satisfy my inner engineering nerd when I played it on Xbox 360. The Forza games are probably the best racing games around right now, and the Halo games are as famous as they are for a reason.

My favourite game of all time - Fallout New Vegas - is on Gamepass too I believe. There really is lots to choose from.
    Yeah, there is a huge amount. I've barely scratched the surface of Fallout 4. Skyrim, a game I have put more hours than I care to think about, is also there, but as I can't use my 360 save, I've had to start again and I'm finding it surprisingly difficult having no money, armour, weapons or houses!
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 499
    Finally managed to get my hands on a PS5.  Just been delivered so going through setup.  Decided to go with the disc edition in the end as I've a fair few PS4 games I'd like to revisit.

PS Plus seems to have improved since I last logged on.  Still not as good as game pass but nice to see a collection of PS4 games included.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1112
    Just bought Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order in the PSN sale (only £13.04) since they've now got a PS5 patch out for it. Should be a straightforward plat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 499
    Bloodborne has downloaded enough to allow me to play it.  Don't know if it's just that I haven't played it for a while or if the upscaling is that good but, damn, Bloodborne is a good-looking game.
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1048
    I recently played through Bloodborne yet again and yep, still looks great. So much detail! 

I'm currently playing Mario Golf... The original N64 one. Cos ya know, buy a Series X then just play a console you've had for years anyways. 
  • I recently played through Bloodborne yet again and yep, still looks great. So much detail! 

I'm currently playing Mario Golf... The original N64 one. Cos ya know, buy a Series X then just play a console you've had for years anyways. 
    We play the Gamecube one most Sundays when my Daughter and her fiance vist, that and Monkey Target on Super Monkey Ball.
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1048
    @strumjoughlamps I bloody love Monkey Target! I can spend hours on that. So damn good. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    Just got a PS5 and spent the afternoon playing Rachet and Clank and Returnal. Bloody addictive!
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Set this up for the kids yesterday…

Lots of fun on the horizon!!!!!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• There's a ton of stuff on Gamepass. Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts was enough to satisfy my inner engineering nerd when I played it on Xbox 360. The Forza games are probably the best racing games around right now, and the Halo games are as famous as they are for a reason.

Yeah, there is a huge amount. I've barely scratched the surface of Fallout 4. Skyrim, a game I have put more hours than I care to think about, is also there, but as I can't use my 360 save, I've had to start again and I'm finding it surprisingly difficult having no money, armour, weapons or houses!

Skyrim isn't as big a game as it feels like. I found an enormous amount of skyrim content extremely shallow and undeveloped - quantity over quality. Fallout: new Vegas is very much more quality of content.

I still loved skyrim, but I don't think I'd go back to it and pile in hundreds more hours.

I got slay the spire on mobile yesterday. I'm obsessed with that game.

I want a ps5 but people are still flogging them for stupid money so bugger that. 
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1870
    FarleyUK said:
    Just got a PS5 and spent the afternoon playing Rachet and Clank and Returnal. Bloody addictive!
    Scowls jealously. Still trying to get a ps5. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    edited June 2021
    Sesh said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Just use the PS5 Stock Informer website. Literally took me a couple of days!

Returnal is incredibly addictive. Been playing it for 5 hours this morning - games hardly ever hold my attention for that long.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1870
    FarleyUK said:
    Sesh said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Just use the PS5 Stock Informer website. Literally took me a couple of days!

Returnal is incredibly addictive. Been playing it for 5 hours this morning - games hardly ever hold my attention for that long.
    I'm not trying that hard, but have been keeping an eye on that website. I wasn't too bothered until R&C came out. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2949
    Finally managed to locate an Xbox series X last week.  Set it up yesterday and the 5 year old grandson who lives with me wont let me anywhere near it.  Have so far watched several hours of blocky minecraft it all its 4k glory.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7417
    edited June 2021
    How are people in here getting PS5s when Currys still haven't got me mine that I've already paid for?! Haha 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10384
    FarleyUK said:
    I thought you got one ages ago? Returnal looks insanely hard.