General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24487
    ennspek said:
    How did you manage to get Brazilian XBL to work?
    VPN, which is the risk.  The risk that the server can see through your VPN and the code becomes useless.  It's known to happen (in a thread that I saw).  People who want to play it safe, get the EU code.

You use VPN on your computer and add the code via the website in the computer, not on the console.

You make sure you turn off automatic renewal and decline bonus months as it will take it over the 36 months, meaning after 2 codes, instead of 24, you will have like 26 months.  and the last code for 12 months cannot be stacked.  Max stacked total is 36.

If you do it the EU code, then it's about £120.

Jeez. Easier to move to Brazil!
    nob
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    Offset:"A little heavy on the hyperbole"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Emp_Fab said:
    ennspek said:
    VPN, which is the risk.  The risk that the server can see through your VPN and the code becomes useless.  It's known to happen (in a thread that I saw).  People who want to play it safe, get the EU code.

You use VPN on your computer and add the code via the website in the computer, not on the console.

You make sure you turn off automatic renewal and decline bonus months as it will take it over the 36 months, meaning after 2 codes, instead of 24, you will have like 26 months.  and the last code for 12 months cannot be stacked.  Max stacked total is 36.

nob
    Seems a bit unnecessary
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Emp_Fab said:
    ennspek said:

nob

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11951
    edited May 2021
    Emp_Fab said:
    ennspek said:

nob
    Pardon me helping a fellow forum members to save over £300 to get the same thing!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Completed little nightmares.

As expected, it's a bunch of ideas and thoughts drenched in atmosphere. Gameplay is pretty awful but that's not really the point.

Quite enjoyed them. I wish there was a bit more story, it seems (from doing some digging) there is more story in related media such as comics and books, but the game communicates basically none of it. 
  • Xbox Series S is on order. Unfortunately I won't be able to play it for at least 2 months because I go away tomorrow.

Fingers crossed the Game Pass Ultimate workaround still works when I get back.

In the meantime, I'm looking for recommendations for same-console co op games to play with the other half, and general recommendations for great games to play myself.

I'm already looking forward to playing Forza Horizon, Halo, and Jedi Fallen Order.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11951
    Xbox Series S is on order. Unfortunately I won't be able to play it for at least 2 months because I go away tomorrow.

Fingers crossed the Game Pass Ultimate workaround still works when I get back.

In the meantime, I'm looking for recommendations for same-console co op games to play with the other half, and general recommendations for great games to play myself.

I'm already looking forward to playing Forza Horizon, Halo, and Jedi Fallen Order.
    Did you know…..you can play a lot of the Gamepass game through your phone via streaming?
  • thingthing Frets: 469
    New stunt races on GTA V are pretty good.
    This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2444
    As a Warhammer 40k nerd, I’m very excited about Hired Gun coming out tomorrow. My only concern is that it’s by the same team who did Deathwing… which had loads of atmosphere and details, but shockingly poor gameplay. 

Give me Space Marine 2!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27322
    Finished Uncharted: Lost Legacy at the weekend. Very enjoyable and quite a bit longer than I expected.  I will go back and replay Uncharted 4 at some point, hopefully after it gets a 60fps patch for PS5.

Also finished Luigi's Mansion 3, which I'd got 90% through a year ago but stopped for some reason or other. Fantastic game right through.

Looking forward to Star Wars Squadrons on PS+ this month (and very glad I didn't buy it in the last sale!). Also very much looking forward to Ratchet & Clank which feels like the first really proper "next gen" release - only a couple of weeks away :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    FarleyUK said:
    As a Warhammer 40k nerd, I’m very excited about Hired Gun coming out tomorrow. My only concern is that it’s by the same team who did Deathwing… which had loads of atmosphere and details, but shockingly poor gameplay. 

Give me Space Marine 2!
    Yep, looks good! I'm excited for Darktide, the 40k Vermintide :)
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2469
    Finished Uncharted: Lost Legacy at the weekend. Very enjoyable and quite a bit longer than I expected.  I will go back and replay Uncharted 4 at some point, hopefully after it gets a 60fps patch for PS5.

Also finished Luigi's Mansion 3, which I'd got 90% through a year ago but stopped for some reason or other. Fantastic game right through.

Looking forward to Star Wars Squadrons on PS+ this month (and very glad I didn't buy it in the last sale!). Also very much looking forward to Ratchet & Clank which feels like the first really proper "next gen" release - only a couple of weeks away :D 
    I must give Luigi's mansion another spin. I played through it but nowhere near completed it.

I played through Ori and the Will of the Wisps, really enjoyed it and it was much less frustrating than Ori and the blind forest.

Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7301
    FarleyUK said:

Give me Space Marine 2!
    Oh do you paint at all? I got back into it a couple of years ago..currently got an imperial knight in subassemblies on my desk in various states of paintedness. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1111
    edited June 2021
    Heads up for Playstation - Amazon and shopto have PS+12 month memberships for £32.85. These stack to any existing memberships so it will extend by another 12 months.

edit: links (non affiliate!)...

https://www.shopto.net/en/dls551059-playstation-now-12-month-subscription-p187021/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    wibble said:
    Heads up for Playstation - Amazon and shopto have PS+12 month memberships for £32.85. These stack to any existing memberships so it will extend by another 12 months.
    Cheers!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27322
    strtdv said:

I must give Luigi's mansion another spin. I played through it but nowhere near completed it.

I played through Ori and the Will of the Wisps, really enjoyed it and it was much less frustrating than Ori and the blind forest.

Yeah, LM3 is really great. I have Ori & BLind Forest I think but i haven’t played it. I actually have a bunch of indie stuff on Switch I really must get around to trying
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2444
    FarleyUK said:

Give me Space Marine 2!
    Oh do you paint at all? I got back into it a couple of years ago..currently got an imperial knight in subassemblies on my desk in various states of paintedness. 
    No, I don't have the time or patience for that ;)

I'm a huge lore nut though - read loads of the books, have the artbooks as well. Currently re-reading the Ravenor trilogy before moving onto the Bequin series and the new book.

Incidentally, Necromunda: Hired Gun is a buggy mess - which is unfortunately just as I expected.
    edited June 2021
    FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:

Give me Space Marine 2!
    No, I don't have the time or patience for that

I'm a huge lore nut though - read loads of the books, have the artbooks as well. Currently re-reading the Ravenor trilogy before moving onto the Bequin series and the new book.

Incidentally, Necromunda: Hired Gun is a buggy mess - which is unfortunately just as I expected.

Doh.. just bought Hired Gun, should have waited.. how bad is it?

• CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    For anyone that hasn’t seen it, GAME are doing a great trade in deal to get a Series S. Pretty much take in any old PS4 or Xbox and you can buy a Series S for £100. I got one yesterday. 

There’s also a deal on Game pass ultimate. I got the first 3 months for £1.

I’m really impressed with the amount of content on game pass. Hard to know what to play first! Thinking I’ll go retro and start with Banjo Kazooie or maybe Conkers Bad Fur Day.
    LuttiS said:
    FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:

Give me Space Marine 2!
    No, I don't have the time or patience for that

Doh.. just bought Hired Gun, should have waited.. how bad is it?

They released a patch last night which seems to have improved several bits, came with a statement saying they working on patching a few of the bigger glitches.
    Still, done the first couple of missions and it's pretty fun. Worst part is that my character is apparently from Wakefield...