Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Case recommendation for strat / teles?

What's Hot
Done a search but couldn't find much..

Any recommendation for an affordable and decent hard case for strats and teles? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What's your budget?

Hiscox is the correct answer but that depends on your own idea of affordable.
  • What's your budget?

I was thinking less than £70. It's mainly for storing guitars at home and I do not expect to take it out often.

What do you like about Hiscox? I'll look into those.
  • Sub £70 I’d suggest a 2nd hand hiscox. SKB cases are also pretty good.
  • What's your budget?

I was thinking less than £70. It's mainly for storing guitars at home and I do not expect to take it out often.

What do you like about Hiscox? I'll look into those.
    Everything. Theyre utterly bombproof and about half the price of anything of quality comparable
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • £99 for the Hiscox. In theory if you ram them end on they won't hold up but I suspect that's true of many cases.
    I once saw one dropped down two flights of stairs onto a concrete floor and the bass inside not even put out of tune, I don't think the case was visibly damaged or scratched. Mine replaced a Fender branded moulded case which would  be considerably more new but slowly fell apart.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8755
    ... It's mainly for storing guitars at home and I do not expect to take it out often.
    Thomann? https://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_egitarrencase.htm
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.

• What do you like about Hiscox? I'll look into those.
    I gig so my guitars end up in the back of the car or a van with a load of other stuff and at risk of knocks going in/out of venues and all that.

If it's for mainly home storage then there's cheaper makes like Gator. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    Not a hard case, but I recently got a 'TGI Extreme' for my cousin to carry her acoustic with and was really impressed by the quality of it, cost about £40.  It's like a rigid gig bag, so if all you're doing is storing it at home then maybe something like this would do the job?  I'd happily use it that to store my guitars.
  • I always prefer (in fact these are my fave cases anywhere) the Fender ones...

• NikcNikc Frets: 627
    My tele lives in a Black Rat case - I think its PMT's house brand - nice case keeps the guitar pretty secure ;)

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    I'd always recommend a Hiscox if going the hard case route.

But then you need to ask yourself, how much £££ is the guitar you want to protect?
  • Hiscox, every time
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Just hang it on the wall? 
  • The Fender Classic Series tweed cases are about £119 and are almost identical to the C&G cases which cost about 2.5 times more. In fact it’s a better fit for my Strat than my C&G Jaguar case.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3589
    edited December 2019
    I have a classic series tweed case, if you shop around, I got mine for 90 quid. Its perfect for keeping my guitar in around the house, although my guitar usually lives on a stand anyway. Its a good fit, but it should be anyway being a Fender product, this is me checking it out.

My Epi Lp is in a Hiscox case, well , its got a Hiscox badge but Manson Guitars molded into the lid, its not a great fit but I suspect its not for an Epiphone guitar anyway. Build seems strong but all very plasticy.

If I had to choose, Fender case has more storage room , its a good fit , its all straight edges so can be sat upright, its aesthetically more pleasing and its cheaper to buy, Hiscox is stronger (although the Fender case is plenty strong), less storage space and likes to fall over if sat upright.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Not local to essex are you? 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3589
    That'll be why they knocked some money off it then.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • I always prefer (in fact these are my fave cases anywhere) the Fender ones...

Agree these are the best cases for a Strat or Tele, bar none. I’ve got one I could sell, but it’s above the OP’s budget unfortunately. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/