Which Epiphone LP

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7132
    If I were to go second hand what should I look out for? There are a few 80s/90s korean Epis for sale near me in the colour I desire. 

personally I'd be checking what pick ups you prefer, that (and neck thickness) is what makes the biggest difference for me on gibson les pauls (not sure on epi's though) 
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12426
    Somebody not too far from the OP is selling a rather well priced LP Studio for not much more than the price of a pricey Epi. It might be in classifieds...
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Somebody not too far from the OP is selling a rather well priced LP Studio for not much more than the price of a pricey Epi. It might be in classifieds...
    Haha, I've seen that mate. Amazing price but I'm just not too set on the colour :( 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3334
    edited December 2019
    Edging more and more towards the pro custom in ebony. Quite a bit more expensive than the standard pro with a fancy top however. 

I want to have a look at that one, too, as I fancy trying to replicate on the cheap Brian Robertson's LP from the Live  and Dangerous album and make it look like this
    http://i.imgur.com/1DMcsim.jpg

• Going to have a good ol go on all these tomorrow, very excited.
    What are we saying about Burny and Tokai? Just seen Andy from pro guitar shop tearing up a beautiful ebony burny Les Paul and it looks sweet af 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9671
    The other one to consider is the Tribute Plus - real maple top (under the flame veneer), some kind of longer tenon neck joint, and Gibson 57 Classic pickups.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4674
    Having been through many gibsons ( studios and classics ) and Epiphone I have finally settled on a Les Paul I love and its Tokai uls128 and it’s tremendous 
  • I had the 2016 custom pro , one of the best players I have had , complimented on its looks and sound a few times , I also had a 2017 Gibson Les Paul tribute which in my opinion couldn’t hold a light to the custom pro , the custom pro really puts the word ‘crafted’ into crafted in China  ,superbly finished plays great with the 60s slim taper neck. Also seen a local young lad shredding up some randy Rhoads on a white one at jam nights. Pinch harmonics just seem to jump out and sustain is good , plays nicely unplugged so you can tell it will be nice when plugged in. Nothing wrong with the Gibson tribute but it does not feel so refined as the epiphone obviously as the epi is at the top of its class , where the tribute is one of the lower rungs on the Gibson ladder.
    i only sold it as I also have another epiphone which was my late uncles which I have had modded with slash signature pickups , cts pots, vintage wiring ,orange drops etc. It is just waiting for locking tuners this new year as the 23 year old ones had started to rattle.

by the way the Grover tuners on the custom are lush and a joy to use. The gold hardware is prone to wear mine was quite worn where my hand rested but I kinda liked it  I also had it so the strings passed over the top of the stop tail , I forget what you call it now, top wrapped or something , it’s also easy to set it up for low action and even swap between E and Eb tunings without any adjustments. I have seen Roman Robertson of dio and bang tango play one , also the other guy in bang tango who made a documentary about them and ended up joining the band, have also seen Janice gers of iron maiden play one , and there is a scene of the character playing mick Mars in the crüe movie the dirt ,playing one, they are solid guitars