Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Storage of assorted guitar-related crap?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    the associated stuff that gets accumulated - strings, capes,
    Ah ha -  your identity is unmasked at last, Guitar Hero!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I got this cool cheap shelving unit from Argos. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1481
    Mines a mess at the moment, as I have to build the shelving for the guitars and the amps.  The room will be my studio eventually.  Just have to get some leak problems sorted in the store room, so I can get space to kit it out.

This is what it should be like when I've done.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    PhilKing said:
    Mines a mess at the moment, as I have to build the shelving for the guitars and the amps.  The room will be my studio eventually.  Just have to get some leak problems sorted in the store room, so I can get space to kit it out.

:open_mouth: 

Show off
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    PhilKing said:

Holy hell!! That is amazing and I feel totally jealous. On the plus side I have just shown my Mrs this picture as it makes me feel much better about my meagre collection 
    @stickyfiddle great question though as I am just starting to put together a music room at my house. I was wondering where to put cases? I thought the garage?
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    shaunm said:
    @stickyfiddle great question though as I am just starting to put together a music room at my house. I was wondering where to put cases? I thought the garage?
    Not a good idea to store cases where they’ll get cold and damp. They’ll get mouldy inside and the wooden carcass ones can warp and split. You could wrap them in heavy duty cling film if there’s no other choice but personally I wouldn’t risk it. All mine are stored under the bed. 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    PhilKing said:

Where is the double bass?  Every home needs at least one....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    boogieman said:
    shaunm said:
    Not a good idea to store cases where they’ll get cold and damp. They’ll get mouldy inside and the wooden carcass ones can warp and split. You could wrap them in heavy duty cling film if there’s no other choice but personally I wouldn’t risk it. All mine are stored under the bed. 
    This is the issue I have. I have draws under my beds so I can’t pop them there. 

I could do with finding a solution for this really. I have hesitated putting them in the garage due to what you say.
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1481
    As you can see, I keep the guitars in the cases.  It takes up a little more space, but keeps the guitars safer and also gets rid of the double storage problem.