New Ibanez Steve Vai signature model leaked? Not a JEM!

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22795
    I really liked the look of the original floral-pattern Jems, especially the blue one.  But if I was ever going to actually buy an Ibanez superstrat, it would be one of the JS models.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    No
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10692
    Yes
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4095
    I used to own a jem but sold it as it was too gaudy.  Wish he'd release a slightly bland looking one
    Less gaudy? 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitars/modern-body-guitars/ibanez-premium-jem-77-woody-in-charcoal-brown-low-gloss

I'm of the vintage and persuasion that prefers the original, Day-Glo schemes but I'm not taken with these PIAs.

To be fair, they're all beyond what I'd be comfortable shelling out on a guitar anyway so it's all moot.  :)
    Ah yes @vonLayzonfon I know of that,  I quite like it but it doesn't come with evos and that's where the magic sparkle lives.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4095
    I've owned the jem 7vwh, js1000 and js1200 and thr best to play was the js1000 and despite the jem sounding instant vai, I like the honky tone of the js1000 best of all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I used to own a jem but sold it as it was too gaudy.  Wish he'd release a slightly bland looking one
    Less gaudy? 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitars/modern-body-guitars/ibanez-premium-jem-77-woody-in-charcoal-brown-low-gloss

I'm of the vintage and persuasion that prefers the original, Day-Glo schemes but I'm not taken with these PIAs.

To be fair, they're all beyond what I'd be comfortable shelling out on a guitar anyway so it's all moot.  :)
    Ah yes @vonLayzonfon I know of that,  I quite like it but it doesn't come with evos and that's where the magic sparkle lives.
    Overall I prefer the original PafPro set up, but as these new UtoPIA Pickups are not yet out it could be that they are more akin to the Evo’s than the Gravity Storms. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I quite like them, although generally I don't like gold hardware
  • AlexWilmotAlexWilmot Frets: 6
    edited January 2020
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexWilmotAlexWilmot Frets: 6
    edited January 2020
    White version with a different neck pickup and some additional switches for his live playing

• Glad to finally see that the Synergy Vai module looks ready to go. 
  • Video of this thing (but not the white production model, just the limited wacky colours):

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • Vai describes the conceptual gubbins:

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    It looks miles better than in the leaked catalogue pics - actually really nice in the green and gold, even with the gold hardware. I don’t like the sculpting around the petal cutout, but since I can’t remotely afford one anyway it hardly matters .

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11894
    yak
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Agreed @ICBM it’s a lot better than the catalogue photos, be very interesting to try one out and see the final street cost .The carbon fibre trem are does look very cool and I might just order one for my 7WH :)
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    I like them even more now - the softening of the edges and the magnetic backplate are nice touches. The green one is the one I'd go for....but I already have a Jem and a Universe, and just got an AZ, so I mustn't (he said, having already looked to see if any UK dealers have them on presale). 
  • I'm not gonna lie - I really like the white one. Would be more my thing with white pickups, I wonder how many of these will end up with a set of evolutions in them!

I shudder to think what the cost will be...
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I'm not gonna lie - I really like the white one. Would be more my thing with white pickups, I wonder how many of these will end up with a set of evolutions in them!

I shudder to think what the cost will be...
    I’d guess £4k plus
  • Looks Ya-Yo Cakk
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • $3500 at Guitar Center.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom