Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fender launching Tom Morello Signature Soul Power guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Resurrection of zombie thread!
    Does anyone know what generation of Vintage Noiseless pickups are in it? 

Also, locking tuners with a Floyd make loads of sense. They speed up string changing heaps. They are not really locking in the same way a locking nut is. 

The GJ2 Shredder that I had was fitted with locking tuners and a Floyd, and I agree with what you've said - although these days I tend to just leave the ball ends on
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MiscusernameMiscusername Frets: 58
    edited November 2020
    Got the info I needed.
    They are older "Vintage Noiseless" and not the snazzy new Gen4 Noiseless ones. Shame.

Thanks for the replies! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10247
    edited November 2020
    I wouldn’t worry, they sound poo whatever the generation...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    stonevibe said:
    I see  and talk to Billy Bragg at my work and he is a genuinely nice fella. Funny too. 

I remember my old man telling him stories of where Billy would sit down at the bar after a set & just speak to him/other folks there. One of our best.
  • I wouldn’t worry, they sound poo whatever the generation...
    Wisdom awarded 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I wouldn’t worry, they sound poo whatever the generation...
    I thought the gen4 in the recent Elite Strats were good. I'm not a single coil tone whore though, so would likely be okay with any unless they were utter gash!