Ear/Nasal Hair Trimmer - Advice Needed.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10271

I just pluck my nose hairs with tweezers every other week, along with any stray hairs from my ears that have started to appear now I'm approaching my first half century and I trim my eyebrows weekly with a small pair of scissors. Works for me and I find it quite therapeutic.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welbywelby Frets: 17

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12364
    Let it grow dude, the chicks love it.  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My nose is a lot better this morning after a nightly dose of germolene. I think the wax idea is pretty good though and it can’t be too expensive bearing in mind the small area involved.

ive seen those special scissors on amazon . I have a Remington trimmer but it seems to take ages. Mum and dad said they see Turkish guys over there regularly doing the burning thing quite effectively .
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited January 2020
    Apologies for not having a funny response but, on a serious note, one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0041R9NMO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's not a competition.
  • Apologies for not having a funny response but, on a serious note, one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0041R9NMO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This seems pretty amazing, completely different design to previous ones I’ve seen , the good reviews seem to address all questions . For just under £12 it seems an excellent investment, well spotted
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    SNAKEBITE said:

Wax?

If this is a serious option can someone explain further please?

I wax my snout, nothing to it, dead easy. I don't like the trimmers as they leave bristly bits.

Just get one of the little wax kits off amazon, bout a tenner, you get a few goes out of that.

Do it yourself, it's a piece of piss, don't warm the wax in microwave though, use the boiling water method.

You my friend will have a hairless and itch free shnozzola in no time at all !! good luck
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99 said:
    SNAKEBITE said:

Wax?

If this is a serious option can someone explain further please?

I wax my snout, nothing to it, dead easy. I don't like the trimmers as they leave bristly bits.

Just get one of the little wax kits off amazon, bout a tenner, you get a few goes out of that.

Do it yourself, it's a piece of piss, don't warm the wax in microwave though, use the boiling water method.

You my friend will have a hairless and itch free shnozzola in no time at all !! good luck
    I didn’t know do it yourself was an option ,will check out amazon like you said
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 993
    I've got one of those electric panasonic ones from amazon, dont waste your money. Maybe I got  a duff one but I found it to be absolute crap. The motor slows down / conks out depending on what angle you hold it at, and it misses more hairs than it cuts. Cheaply made rubbish. Use nail scissors instead.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    I got one for not much from Boots (I think). Does the job very well
  • What??? a trimmer or a wax kit
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12364
    How does waxing the inside of your schnozzle not hurt? If I pull a single hair out with tweezers I have tears streaming down my face.  :'(
    It's in the technique and the quality of the wax.
    Also the individual doing it should be properly trained. 

• Apologies for not having a funny response but, on a serious note, one of these:

I tried these.  Load of rubbish.  Go with wax.  one yank and you will be bush free for weeks

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    welby said:
    It's in the technique and the quality of the wax.
    Also the individual doing it should be properly trained. 

honestly, I read what it said in the instructions and just did it, and have been doing it ever since, seriously it's easy and doesn't hurt one bit

there's a few youtube vids of some doing it if you wanna check out how to
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Actually I’ve had a bit of a nose picking time lately, I sometimes get these unshiftable bogies that are quite sharp/glass like which inevitably leads to like picking a scab. Goi g to put some cream up nose tonight and leave them alone , I don’t want a brain infection. 
    do you then make it bleed? That's a reet bummer if you are trying to do a quick pick, you think you've got away with it, then get a nosebleed which really gives the game away. Then, to make it worse, you get the resulting huge, knife edged blood bogeys, and the process goes into endless repeat - pick, bleed, crust, pick......