NGD Fender Broadcaster

What's Hot

Comments

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9320
    MikeS said:
    @chris78 I'm giving buying one of these some serious thought. Any idea how many they're making?, and what fret does it start flattening out to 9.5"?. I'm not particularly a fan of the 7.25" radius, but if it's only for a few frets, that's okay.
    It’s weird. You don’t feel it flatten so it must be really gradual. You get to the higher frets and it’s just easy to bend. I have a strat with a compound radius and it’s like playing a 7.25 that you can bend above about the 9th fret
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5051
    Beauty Chris, congrats!  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    chris78 said:
    It’s weird. You don’t feel it flatten so it must be really gradual. You get to the higher frets and it’s just easy to bend. I have a strat with a compound radius and it’s like playing a 7.25 that you can bend above about the 9th fret
    Thanks Chris.

• mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    Very nice. I picked up a CS nocaster a few months back from Peaches. Great shop and very easy to spend too much money in there!  Congrats on a fab guitar :)
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

Stunning.

All it needs is a Bigsby........

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 887
    edited January 2020
    Lovely.

Not too sure what people expect when they talk about original specs. I love blackguards and put one together myself after reading the Blackguard book front to back. But, those guitars were all over the place with specs, continuity not being present. Neck profile, shape, radius - all different along with pickup outputs. Some built to an ok standard, and some obviously not judging by the pics in the book. 

You have a great looking guitar, and I bet it’s a beauty to play. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Zoolooter said:
    Lovely.

Not too sure what people expect when they talk about original specs. I love blackguards and put one together myself after reading the Blackguard book front to back. But, those guitars were all over the place with specs, continuity not being present. Neck profile, shape, radius - all different along with pickup outputs. Some being build to an ok standard, and some obviously not judging by the pics in the book. 

You have a great looking guitar, and I bet it’s a beauty to play. 
    Correct. We get asked for “vintage tele necks” all the time to which we reply “which one?”

Everything was finished by hand back then and the fit of those guitars were awful by today’s CNC standards. If the OPs guitar (congrats on your new guitar btw @chris78 :) ) came with too many of these details I suspect Fender would be accused of shoddy work rather than vintage accuracy. You can’t please everyone. 

Anyway, lovely tele and hopefully one that will retain most of its value :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris, how are you finding the Broadcaster ? I have the 60th anniversary and in my opinion it’s a superb instrument. Could be tempted to add a 70th but I also fancy a couple of strats. Too much choice !
  • Have to agree with Zoolooter. It’s tough enough to make a guitar neck. I very much doubt that I could carve 2 identical neck profiles or wind pickups with identical outputs that sounded similar - just too many variables in a hand-made instrument.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Such a nice guitar, it's a classic but this one just looks so nice in the details
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    edited January 2020
    Strat54 said:
    Nice guitar, congrats. I was going to have one of the 2010 60th anniversary models but cancelled my order when it was nothing like the specs that make a Broadcaster unique. I posted on the Tele forum about these ones in summer after Songbirds museum posted that they were visited by Team Fender researching Broadcasters. I had high hopes of the level of accuracy being akin to the 2004 masterbuilt '54 Strats, alas when they were launched in Australia last month I realised, they were not strictly nerdy accurate enough for me, but an improvement over the 60th's for sure. I guess they are reasonably priced. The launch model #1 is still for sale on Reverb in Oz.
    I won't bore you all with the differences between a vintage Broadcaster and these (yep I've played enough to know), but they are a whole lot more than just a Nocaster/Telecaster with a decal change. Why or why have FCS persisted with the now ridiculously long serial number. Why not give these a more traditional 4 digit number? 
    That aside, they will be great guitars I'm sure   
    Yep. Those long serial numbers really take something away from the sound of the instrument. 

Looks a nice guitar OP - just be careful that serial number doesn’t fuck up your playing.

Previously known as stevebrum
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15973
    chris78 said:
    The Custom Shop have some great models this year and I was lucky enough to grab this from Peach.

https://www.peachguitars.com/fender-custom-shop-2020-limited-70th-anniversary-broadcaster-nocaster-blonde.htm

I’m not sure how many they will make, but the 60th anniversary models were rare as hen’s teeth and appreciated in value quite a bit.

They’ve nailed the details mainly with the maple plug, no routing etc. It’s nerdy stuff, but I love that level of detail. It’s only arrived today so will getting plugged in through my tone king imperial at volume in the studio tomorrow 

Routing....that be that wee channel under the pick guard?

Maple plug?
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2292
    Got a 70th Anniversary Broadcaster on order. Can't wait. I'm silly excited. Stupid I have Teles and I make them. But I  wanted one and now I need to sell stuff to pay for it. Hope it  sounds  as good as ....This.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0QZ0OoxW44
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Stemcor said:
    Chris, how are you finding the Broadcaster ? I have the 60th anniversary and in my opinion it’s a superb instrument. Could be tempted to add a 70th but I also fancy a couple of strats. Too much choice !
    If you fancy trying it, I’ve seen you’re in Essex. You’d be more than welcome if you fancy a Kent trip or a meet in Peach? There’s a different neck carve to a nocaster which is dead comfortable for my hands and I’m liking the pickups so far. Even the neck is useable
  • Chris, the offer is too tempting to resist. I’m often “south of the river”. I would need to visit you but I’m more than happy to bring the 60th anniversary for a comparison.  Is there a private message facility on this forum ? I’m a newby here so not fully up to speed.
    I’ll drop you a message. If you reply, we can sort something out. It’ll be a pleasure to compare them
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2387
    @chris78 ;

For sale already? 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9559
    Strat54 said:
    @chris78 ;

For sale already? 
    I might be wrong, but I think that Chris is selling a different Tele now.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2387
    Strat54 said:
    @chris78 ;

For sale already? 
    I might be wrong, but I think that Chris is selling a different Tele now.
    Well there's a Chris selling a Broadcaster on ebay from Peach....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Custom-Shop-70th-Anniversary-Broadcaster-Relic-Limited-Edition/324154846518?hash=item4b79226d36:g:er4AAOSw3TNerwZZ
    edited May 2020
    @Strat54 ;;
    Yes, it's mine on eBay. I've got 5 teles and I'm either going to shift the broadcaster or the Peach guitar (listed here) I had built. I haven't got round to listing the broadcaster on here, but it'll be available to fretboard members at a lower price than eBay for anyone interested.

EDIT - now added to the listing so its £2799 for any interested parties
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom