Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Band Tshirt designs

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Dopesick said:
    spark240 said:
    Reverend said:
    spark240 said:
    Fact is you'll be hard pushed to sell many anyhow....unless you are planning to freebie them as promos...or just a bit of fun.

White only works best on Black Tees...colours on what tees in my experience.
    Why do say that? Ive worked gigs where bands have made £1k a night and more.
    Well I guess if you have massive following ...personally  in 50 years Ive never bought a tee at a gig of a relatively unknown band.
    I have a sneaky suspicion you may be in the minority on this one.

From various music scenes over the country, which are full of relatively unknown bands, the vast majority of their sales (which can vary from minimal to in the thousands) are based off t-shirts, long sleeves, hoodies, beanies etc.
    Well possibly...that said, I cant recall the last band I saw locally that were actually trying to sell merch anyway.

Maybe Im just becoming miserable ;-)...

Best part is....I sell tee shirts 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PetGerbilPetGerbil Frets: 176
    The only thing with red Tshirts is, I'd be thinking "hmmm, That'll have to be washed on it's own...."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    PetGerbil said:
    The only thing with red Tshirts is, I'd be thinking "hmmm, That'll have to be washed on it's own...."

There's only two types of wash in my house, whites and everything else. Reds wash with the "everything else" wash no problems.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • oafoaf Frets: 300
    3, 4, 5 for me I think
  • spark240 said:
    Reverend said:
    spark240 said:
    Fact is you'll be hard pushed to sell many anyhow....unless you are planning to freebie them as promos...or just a bit of fun.

Well I guess if you have massive following ...personally  in 50 years Ive never bought a tee at a gig of a relatively unknown band.
    I know you know your shit guv, but I think you might be in the minority there. We've sold many runs of t-shirts and we're unknown. Both at gigs and online.

People wont buy CD's anymore. They will buy t-shirts, posters, wallets, candles, etc etc.

It's pretty much a dead cert if you get the design right and the pricing right. BUT...

AS LONG AS YOU DO ACTUALLY HAVE A FANBASE !!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Dopesick said:
    Top right but with the logo horizontal rather than at an angle.

I agree with @Dopesick .. that would make a good design IMHO.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • spark240 said:
    Reverend said:
    spark240 said:

People wont buy CD's anymore. They will buy t-shirts, posters, wallets, candles, etc etc.

We're kinda on the fence about doing a short run of cds (under 50) or not..I'm guessing you would say not. We're thinking our main items going to be a comic with EP download codes. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Less is more, the 2 black ones bottom row.
  • spark240 said:
    Reverend said:
    spark240 said:

We're kinda on the fence about doing a short run of cds (under 50) or not..I'm guessing you would say not. We're thinking our main items going to be a comic with EP download codes. 
    Yeah don't. Not unless you can guarantee sales.

Bye!

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    spark240 said:
    Reverend said:
    spark240 said:

I know you know your shit guv, but I think you might be in the minority there. We've sold many runs of t-shirts and we're unknown. Both at gigs and online.

Same here, we did a small run of ten t-shirts for our last gig (probably around 100 people in the crowd) and sold all of them quickly. We're known of a bit locally, but otherwise we're nobodies and we could have sold more.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    spark240 said:
    Reverend said:
    spark240 said:

We did get 50 CDs knocked up of our recent EP and sold about 15 at our EP launch. We also sent some out for promo purposes and got a play on BBC Suffolk Introducing partly because the CD caught their attention as it 'made a change from all the usual promo codes and/or links to streams etc'. It's seems the CD is now has attaining some novelty status.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    You almost have to give music away nowadays.....half the folks I know don't even own CD player...more chance if you give them loaded USB stick

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Gave you guys a listen on the way home @PolarityMan, really liked it. Thought Making Monsters was a great track, i’ll try to come and see you when your in Southampton (and buy a tshirt! ;) )
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5003
    Genre is key to how much merch you might sell. One friend of mine reckoned his band sold abkyt as much merch playing Wembley arena as a band i worked woth did at Camden underworld. 
    CDs might not sell much but in some.genres tapes will, even to people with no tape player. 
    Limiter CDr runs with cool packaging are good too. 
  • Gave you guys a listen on the way home @PolarityMan, really liked it. Thought Making Monsters was a great track, i’ll try to come and see you when your in Southampton (and buy a tshirt! ;) )
    Hopefully we'll be at the hobbit on 20th March. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Reverend said:
    Genre is key to how much merch you might sell. One friend of mine reckoned his band sold abkyt as much merch playing Wembley arena as a band i worked woth did at Camden underworld. 
    CDs might not sell much but in some.genres tapes will, even to people with no tape player. 
    Limiter CDr runs with cool packaging are good too. 
    I still have all my rock/metal tapes 
  • I love a good rock /metal T shirt 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Top middle. Looks all demonic and Led Zep quasi spiritual and shit. Hail Satan etc \m/
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer