MXR now making the Timmy pedal in mini format

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I was very tempted to order one of these but decided against it when I saw the price...I'm sure I heard that they had a list price $129 in the NAMM review video's so £140 over the top.  I guess the supply of Timmy pedals are limited in the UK and there is an opportunity to make money on the back of it.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6719
    MXR CC Mini is in that range too so they obviously decided what we'd put up with. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Philtre said:
    Andertons have them priced at £139.99, perhaps a little too much for a mini pedal.

I dunno, Tumnus Mini is £139.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Turbo Tuner Mini is that price too. About right to be honest. We've been spoiled by Mooer and the like, don't forget.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Keefy said:
    Philtre said:
    Andertons have them priced at £139.99, perhaps a little too much for a mini pedal.

Good point. £129 would be a reasonable price for the Timmy, then.

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    Can guarantee that when I open my board everything will be stuck down where it should, apart from the Spark mini which will be sticking up in the air with a bit of velcro hanging off it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3576
    Philtre said:
    Keefy said:
    Philtre said:

Good point. £129 would be a reasonable price for the Timmy, then.

To give context, I paid about 120 dollars for my Timmy direct from Paul about 9-10 years ago.
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850
    £120-£150 is pretty much the going rate for a real Paul C Timmy used... Given the choice between the mini one and an original one, I know which one I'd go for!!

(it's not the mini)

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6719
    No UK dealer for regular Timmy though, which is the big issue. That £150 pedal becomes over £200 with shipping and taxes
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • althyalthy Frets: 92
    Turbo Tuner Mini is that price too. About right to be honest. We've been spoiled by Mooer and the like, don't forget.
    let's wait 6 month and Mooer will come up with a copy then
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10416
    The Timmy is such a simple circuit you can build one on verboard for about a tenner, I did one and I really like it ....definitely one of the nicest sounding overdrives out there 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3576
    MXR stuff seems overpriced here. Production line stuff snapping at the heels of boutique prices. Still, they are well-made.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Danny1969 said:
    The Timmy is such a simple circuit you can build one on verboard for about a tenner, I did one and I really like it ....definitely one of the nicest sounding overdrives out there 
    Indeed. That's what I did. And the Jan Ray variation. As good as.

• JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 908
    Has anyone picked one of these up yet or tried one? I'm seriously considering getting one but thought i'd ask for forum thoughts first.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/