iMac/ Macbook/Mac Mini

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Yeah Mac mini would work like that but then to be honest you are back into Laptop territory for the flexibility. 

For the value, I am intrigued by some of the upgrades you can make to older socketed Mac mini think the 2009 is the candidate you can throw in a nice i7 quad-core and SSD and get pretty much current Mac performance for a few hundred quid on top of a cheap machine. 

Again I am still hankering for a fully loaded cheese grater Mac pro for music and graphics you can still get massive performance out of 2010 machines. 

Another passing though would be to clean up your current mac laptop archive stuff off reformat and reinstall windows then keep the work stuff on that and put the new pennies into the MAC. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    rico said:
    lukedlb said:
    Anyone know if a mac mini would be portable? I would use it with presentations with a projector (screen), clicker pointer (mouse), external speakers (speakers), and could bring along a portable rubber keyboard for booting it up and opening the software. At home I could buy a nice large screen and the other accessories and plug it all once once I return. 
    Could be a hassle but could be a big saving too.
    Yes of course, they are tiny and light. The pain in the arse would be unplugging and plugging peripherals every time you moved. 
    bluetooth mouse, clicker, keyboard. bluetooth portable speakers too. (someone will have to tell me if all that will work together as I've never used anything with bluetooth).
    Just the screen/projector and power cable. Make life easy by having a pair of each, one pair for home, one pair for teaching in the classroom (in my case).
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    lukedlb said:
    rico said:
    lukedlb said:
    Anyone know if a mac mini would be portable? I would use it with presentations with a projector (screen), clicker pointer (mouse), external speakers (speakers), and could bring along a portable rubber keyboard for booting it up and opening the software. At home I could buy a nice large screen and the other accessories and plug it all once once I return. 
    Could be a hassle but could be a big saving too.
    Yes of course, they are tiny and light. The pain in the arse would be unplugging and plugging peripherals every time you moved. 
    bluetooth mouse, clicker, keyboard. bluetooth portable speakers too. (someone will have to tell me if all that will work together as I've never used anything with bluetooth).
    Just the screen/projector and power cable. Make life easy by having a pair of each, one pair for home, one pair for teaching in the classroom (in my case).
    Yeah that sounds like a sensible idea. However weight up the cost of the peripherals (Apple keyboard and mouse alone would be the thick end of £200) vs the all in one approach and portability of the MacBook. 
  • adaminoadamino Frets: 128
    Im thinking of getting a mac mini just for logic