Clean Boost Pedal Question

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6690
    I have an excellent clean boost for sale.... 

It's a Creation Audio Labs MK.4.23 clean boost. A completely clean boost. Goes from unity to +24db clean as they come. And it's in a very sexy and shiny box. £85

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/163213/pedals-you-want-keeley-moogerfooger-empress-hbe-sonuus-vintage-mxr#latest

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2397
    Danny1969 said:
    Most boost are basically just an opamp stage with variable gain, 20dB gives a voltage gain of  X 10 so enough to drive most amps into a bit of distortion which can be too much for some amps and sound a bit harsh to my ears 
    My boost pedal works the opposite way ....... in the on position it attenuates the signal and switching it off bypasses the attenuation and therefore you get a boost. The light comes on when bypassed and off when engaged so your brain thinks of it as a boost even though it's actually an attenuator. What I like about this is it doesn't colour the sound at all. 
    What is your boost pedal in question? Been thinking about doing something like this for my Victory Sheriff in the loop. TC Spark can do it but the bit of the knob's travel that is less than unity is tiny, so it works better just boosting, but all that does is saturate due to the PPIMV.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom