COMPLETE - Mini Pink Paisley build

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    It's been a much longer project than either me or Rich imagined (trying to get this looking right, rather than the ones with plain bits between the pattern), but it was delivered back to me today :D 

I'm sure you can see from the photos what can incredible job @lamf68 has done, he's sworn never to work with Poly again though, yet another horrible job I've given him :D 

This weekend I'm hoping to post a NGD thread, can't wait to get it finished off :)
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 409
    Thats a beautiful thing.  Well worth the wait and the extra work. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bit of progress, though not as much as I hoped, as I've had to order a few bits (that'll teach me for not checking first!)

Took the neck off, frets levelled (as much as I dared, they are quite small!), then crowned (treated myself to a file from StewMac) then polished with micro mesh. 

Pickups and bridge fitted in place ready for the wiring to be done tomorrow, once the new control plate turns up in the post. Upgraded tuners fitted, will also fit the string tree(s) tomorrow when I'm setting it all up :) 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Absolutely brilliant. Bought my 18 month old daughter a full sized one (cough) but if I start now I could have it finished by the time she’s 4
    John_A said:
    Absolutely brilliant. Bought my 18 month old daughter a full sized one (cough) but if I start now I could have it finished by the time she’s 4
    If you decide to do one of these, happy to send you the pick guard template I’ve made  :) 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    PVO_Dave said:
    John_A said:
    If you decide to do one of these, happy to send you the pick guard template I’ve made  :) 
    Will be in touch if I think I can find the time, very generous of you
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7031
    tFB Trader
    That really does look fab.
    That really does look fab.
    Thanks Steve, really happy with how it came out :) 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Superb!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• JazzthatJazzthat Frets: 163
    Excellent!
  • That is gorgeous!  I didn't even know that mini-Paisley bodies were even made by anyone!