Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Few Gibson deals inc Gibson Firebird Lyre Vibrola VS 2016

What's Hot

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3233
    roberty said:
    Those NR prices are nuts. Someone's going to have a good day
    Be prepared to see bedroom sellers across the land listing them for £1200 next week. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    I'd be worried as to what would turn up though. The small photo doesn't inspire confidence. I bought one a few years back in the UK and it had to be sent back due to a poor fretboard and a bad nut. I really need to see good photos of the actual guitar, personally eg like Peach.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Babones said:
    I'd be worried as to what would turn up though. The small photo doesn't inspire confidence. I bought one a few years back in the UK and it had to be sent back due to a poor fretboard and a bad nut. I really need to see good photos of the actual guitar, personally eg like Peach.
    For that price you could easily factor in a new nut
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    roberty said:
    Babones said:
    Sure, but not a crappy fretboard.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7130
    roberty said:
    what price are they normally?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Babones said:
    roberty said:
    Babones said:
    Sure, but not a crappy fretboard.
    There’s 30 day returns if there’s anything substandard that you don’t want to accept.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99 said:
    roberty said:
    They haven’t been available for quite a while. They were a supposed to be a limited run for the Japanese market in 2015. I’ve just looked up my invoice from guitar village when I bought one and it cost £1249 after a bit of haggling. This was at the release though, they dropped to around £999 after a bit if I remember right. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    roberty said:
    They haven’t been available for quite a while. They were a supposed to be a limited run for the Japanese market in 2015. I’ve just looked up my invoice from guitar village when I bought one and it cost £1249 after a bit of haggling. This was at the release though, they dropped to around £999 after a bit if I remember right. 
    wow that's quite a drop
    tony99 said:
    tony99 said:
    roberty said:
    wow that's quite a drop
    And have been back up to 11-1200 on the s/h market recently. It’s a huge drop.

What is great about these is they are already routed for p90s, so the 3 p90 mod would be easy. Also it would still be quite cost effective on one of these at £580. 
    tony99 said:
    tony99 said:
    roberty said:
    wow that's quite a drop

What is great about these is they are already routed for p90s, so the 3 p90 mod would be easy. Also it would still be quite cost effective on one of these at £580. 
    which would you buy? pelham blue looks nice
  • I bit at the pelham blue....now someone buy my helix LT please ! haha
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    tony99 said:
    tony99 said:
    roberty said:
    wow that's quite a drop

which would you buy? pelham blue looks nice
    My number one is a black one of these, i’d go with Pelham blue or sunburst if I had the cash for a second.
    I bit at the pelham blue....now someone buy my helix LT please ! haha
    Snap! No helix to sell though. Not sure what’s going to be sold to fund it...
    Iamnobody said:
    The NR firebirds are crazy cheap. I’m sure I paid over a grand when they first came out
    Have you still got it? If so may I ask...

Do these have skinny necks? I’ve been after a NR for a while now.

Cheers 

Thanks for putting up the link @paganskins ;;

I don’t, although I’m considering another one now! I think the neck was skinny, I swapped it with @lustycourtier for a Ric 330. I remember that the stock pickups were a bit meh
    Cheers. Fingers crossed it suits me!
  • Why didn't I pull the trigger on one of these? I had the Lyre in my basked and decided to sleep on it - it went. Fine. Wasn't even sure I wanted one. Then thought well the pelham or sunbirst non-reversers are so cheap I couldn't be losing much on them if I bought.

By the time I'd faffed around anything decent had sold out. Expecting to see them on here in a few months!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7159
    I hear there will be more deals soon, when they let me know I'll publish another deal article. 

As I get sent any deals directly, then we share them via GearNews posts.
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Why didn't I pull the trigger on one of these? I had the Lyre in my basked and decided to sleep on it - it went. Fine. Wasn't even sure I wanted one. Then thought well the pelham or sunbirst non-reversers are so cheap I couldn't be losing much on them if I bought.

By the time I'd faffed around anything decent had sold out. Expecting to see them on here in a few months!
    they still have a non reverse in ebony
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27169
    Trouble is I've just looked out of interest and seen this thing instead...

https://www.thomann.ae/gibson_lp_special_dc_firebird_cherry.htm

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    tony99 said:
    Why didn't I pull the trigger on one of these? I had the Lyre in my basked and decided to sleep on it - it went. Fine. Wasn't even sure I wanted one. Then thought well the pelham or sunbirst non-reversers are so cheap I couldn't be losing much on them if I bought.

they still have a non reverse in ebony
    Yep I was hovering over the sunburst and then the black once the burst was gone. Would be easy enough to flip for around the same price. But still it's quite a lot of effort once you've got it set up etc

@stonevibe please do that would be great
    some of the studio lp's from 2016 are good prices too, especially with hard case included, alas I'm potless so good luck anyone who grabs one