Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Few Gibson deals inc Gibson Firebird Lyre Vibrola VS 2016

What's Hot

Comments

• tony99 said:
    Why didn't I pull the trigger on one of these? I had the Lyre in my basked and decided to sleep on it - it went. Fine. Wasn't even sure I wanted one. Then thought well the pelham or sunbirst non-reversers are so cheap I couldn't be losing much on them if I bought.

By the time I'd faffed around anything decent had sold out. Expecting to see them on here in a few months!
    they still have a non reverse in ebony
    Yeah I did see, thanks. But I was only half sold on the nice ones and the ebony just didn't appeal to me at all
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    tony99 said:
    Why didn't I pull the trigger on one of these? I had the Lyre in my basked and decided to sleep on it - it went. Fine. Wasn't even sure I wanted one. Then thought well the pelham or sunbirst non-reversers are so cheap I couldn't be losing much on them if I bought.

By the time I'd faffed around anything decent had sold out. Expecting to see them on here in a few months!
    they still have a non reverse in ebony
    Yeah I did see, thanks. But I was only half sold on the nice ones and the ebony just didn't appeal to me at all
    I talked myself into the ebony but in that very moment it was sold. There wasn't anything to lose really, except time and effort lol
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1048
    Snagged a red one but was torn between that and the sunburst. Should arrive tomorrow. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Kylef said:
    Snagged a red one but was torn between that and the sunburst. Should arrive tomorrow. 
    Awesome! Congrats
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18925
    Trouble is I've just looked out of interest and seen this thing instead...

https://www.thomann.ae/gibson_lp_special_dc_firebird_cherry.htm

I thought, wow with mini humbuckers too, that's lovely!
    Then I looked again & saw the pickup selector switch position & control knob layout.
    Sadly, that is so many kinds of not right  :'(
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Kylef said:
    I’m sure you’ll like it. My Pelham Blue arrived today. I was torn between that and sunburst! 

I only just got in late tonight so not really going to have chance to use for a couple of today’s.

Obviously I’ve had a quick play - it’s a lot of guitar and case for £600. Some issues but nothing major - flaking finish by the nut and some slight discolouration in the blue on the neck where it meets the rosewood fretboard.

I assume it’s the glue reacting with the nitro. It’s not a major issue.

The neck pickup is low - almost lower than the pick guard. 

The guitar is 5 years old though and the strings have seen better days! Where have they been hiding these for so long?!

Previously known as stevebrum
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7159
    Got some great pedal deals coming later today, so will add a link to them here if you guys are interested.
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2330
    stonevibe said:
    Got some great pedal deals coming later today, so will add a link to them here if you guys are interested.

Please!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5445
    edited January 2020
    stonevibe said:
    Do you get affiliate commission from Thomann on these? You know you need to declare that by law on your website, right?

Edit: whoever LOL'd this, please have a read: https://www.termsfeed.com/blog/uk-affiliate-disclaimers/

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2020
    Whitecat said:
    stonevibe said:
    Do you get affiliate commission from Thomann on these? You know you need to declare that by law on your website, right?

Edit: whoever LOL'd this, please have a read: https://www.termsfeed.com/blog/uk-affiliate-disclaimers/

No, I do not get any commission from these. I earn my money by writing articles and have never taken a single penny from affiliate linking.

You do know Gear News is associated to Thomann right? 

Anyway, here are the deals for pedals...

https://www.gearnews.com/daredevil-pedals-deal-save-up-to-110-euros-on-boutique-us-made-fuzz-and-drive-pedals/
    I did not know it was associated with Thomann, actually. I just hunted around and there is a tiny mention of that at the bottom of one page... seems like maybe that could be more prominent. Anyway, carry on then, whatevs...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I just tend to put the deals on here for you guys, as they get snapped up fast. Sure, I could share them on TGP or other forums etc.

Just that I've been on the many variations of this forum community for donkeys years now, and know many of the users on here, so figure they may appreciate the odd bargain.

Yes, we might get a few extra hits from here, but most of Gear News daily traffic is certainly not from this forum. I can see which side of the Atlantic likes to read my strange articles and most of them have an American accent!

I just like you lot and try and help out a little where I can. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    It’s not that I don’t appreciate it personally - I looked a lot just like everyone else - but I’m fairly mistrustful of most things on the internet nowadays and clarity is good. :)
    Because of the Thomann link we will often get the news of their deals before they get put online for the general public.

Their site is MASSIVE and it can be hard to find the bargains, if you aren't great with menus, so our articles can take you straight there. 

Like anything, just buy what you like. It matters not to me personally, as I get paid to write articles, not by any forms of commission.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Tempted by the Red Light District, sounds good for doom/stoner distortion
    stonevibe said:

Their site is MASSIVE and it can be hard to find the bargains 

Boy do I agree with this... always felt they could do better with sorting them out and making it easier to find stupid deals, but "where do you start" comes to mind...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Another guitar deal today, this time on Godin end of line S-type models.

I've been told that stock is all end of line and therefore pretty limited, but around a EUR 380 saving on each model, so pretty decent.

https://www.gearnews.com/godin-session-ltd-deal-grab-a-sweet-bargain-on-these-canadian-made-guitars/
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1048
    edited February 2020
    Received my NR Firebird in Cardinal Red on Thursday. Only had 5 minutes with it. ALOT of guitar for the money. Certainly needs a setup, but it’s 5 years old so god knows where these have been sitting. I’ll spend some time on it tomorrow. 

I had an ebony one of these a couple of years ago but it was the heaviest NR Firebird I’ve had (this is my 5th) probably verging on 9.5lbs so I was worried about this one arriving, but it’s perfect to me (around 8lbs). 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I want to see pics fella. I didn't get one of these guitars on this deal, but was sorely tempted!
  • Loving the sudden influx of ‘like new’ nr firebirds on eBay and gumtree. All of course ‘even have the plastic still on the pickguard’ (as if that’s a surprise) and are going for between 8-900. A very quick return if they sell for that, though have been tempted to offer a few £580. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom