Ibanez RG for blues/rock/pop?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• i am hopefully planning on saving up for a blue floral jem guitar as i have always loved them.

i don't/cannot play any widdly stuff to save my life lol.
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 604
    I played indie with a red RG270 in the late 90s. I didn't care, and I don't think anyone else did either. I can't do the widdly stuff but I do really like a nice Ibanez.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • viz said:
    p90fool said:
    I think we're all a bit guilty of assuming the style of guitar we're playing will make us play a certain way, but actually it only ever hints at it without forcing us to.

Yes, you can play all that stuff on an RG, in fact Steve Vai has some of the tastiest blues phrasing around when he wants to and could've easily made a living doing only that if he'd felt like it.
    Yes, they’re really flexible guitars, go for it. The double-stopping tuning issue is easy to overcome by bending the upper string a bit too - it becomes totally natural and causes no issues if you can bend in tune. 
    Since I always played guitars with floating trems I never really even knew this was an issue until reading comments like these. I was just automatically bending the second string a bit to sound in tune. Guess it is only an issue if you started out playing only fixed bridges first.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom