Cabronita wiring help Cts push pull

I'm looking for some help to wire up a slightly different cabronita wiring scheme.  The idea is to have just volume and tone controls with no selector switch. The neck pickup will be on by default, but pulling the cts push pull pot into the up position will bring in the bridge pickup in parallel.  

As far as I understand it I just need to wire the neck pickup up to the volume and tone as if it were a single pickup guitar.  However I’m unsure how to wire the bridge pickup to the push pull to bring it into the circuit.

can anyone help?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14572
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72610
    Use Simple To Assemble in Funkfinger's drawing - but link the two sides of the switch for improved reliability. (I'd swap the connections on the switch too, which makes it even easier to assemble.)

Simple To Service adds unnecessary unreliability by running the neck pickup through switching contacts when there's absolutely no need to.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14572
    ICBM said:
    Simple To Service
    Make that Simpler To Disassemble When You Decide That You Hate It.

ICBM said:
    Simple To Assemble ... I'd swap the connections on the switch too.
    I sketched it out that way to minimise signal leakage through the internal contacts of a cheap push-pull pot.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • EndpinEndpin Frets: 12
    Thanks so much for your help with this guys. I forgot to mention that the push pull will be on the tone control rather than the volume, how does this affect the wiring on the push pull? 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72610
    Endpin said:
    Thanks so much for your help with this guys. I forgot to mention that the push pull will be on the tone control rather than the volume, how does this affect the wiring on the push pull? 
    It doesn’t.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein