Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Worst Guitars to Resell

What's Hot

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14425
    crunchman said:
    My auntie had a Morris Marina 30 or so years ago.  Someone drove into it and the insurance company gave a write off value of £25.
    Back in the Eighties, one of my father's work colleagues drove an Austin Maxi. He would leave it with a window wound down and the keys in the ignition, hoping somebody would steal it. Nobody did. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    crunchman said:
    My auntie had a Morris Marina 30 or so years ago.  Someone drove into it and the insurance company gave a write off value of £25.
    Back in the Eighties, one of my father's work colleagues drove an Austin Maxi. He would leave it with a window wound down and the keys in the ignition, hoping somebody would steal it. Nobody did. :)

£2995 for this one:

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5036
    crunchman said:
    crunchman said:

£2995 for this one:

Back in the day I was arrested while driving a brown Morris Marina.

What was the offence?

That was the offence!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12316
    Les Paul Studios. £1200 new, £600 second hand all day., Same for SG Standards too, the rarely for for anything over £650.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tbmtbm Frets: 579
    edited January 2020
    Les Paul Studios. £1200 new, £600 second hand all day., Same for SG Standards too, the rarely for for anything over £650.
    Yeah, I always find that mad about SGs. It's absolutely true though. And the new price has gone up as well.
    my lost prophets jimmy saville signature tribute is taking a while to shift.
    Outstanding. Top drawer fella.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11875
    Oooooh I would love to get a LP Studio for my niece as a gift !! £600....sounds like a bargain.
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 823
    edited January 2020
    stonevibe said:
    Look the bollocks but I'd feel like a bell end playing one!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Stevepage said:
    Washburn. People avoid them like the plague.

I had one of their MIK 335 style guitars and it played very well indeed but as you say, I picked up for relatively cheap. I wouldn't hesitate playing one again no matter where it was made.
    They seem really popular with goth bands. 
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 604
    I have been trying to sell a Tokai Es335 Japan made for about 6 to 7 months now due to cashflow issues. The shop has had no interest at all and it is at least as good if not better then any of the Eastmans they flog in days. I am not bitter at all.

Genuinely surprised it hasn't gone. Price was fair and they marketed it very nicely. So I will probably take it back at the end of the week. As I am no longer self employed I can go of and try to have more luck selling off the cheapies.
  • Jetsam1 said: 
    I have been trying to sell a Tokai Es335 Japan made for about 6 to 7 months now due to cashflow issues. The shop has had no interest at all and it is at least as good if not better then any of the Eastmans they flog in days. I am not bitter at all.

Genuinely surprised it hasn't gone. Price was fair and they marketed it very nicely. So I will probably take it back at the end of the week. As I am no longer self employed I can go of and try to have more luck selling off the cheapies.
    Which model number is it? I thought these were pretty popular to be honest.
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 604
    It is a natural finish with Dot inlays and UES138 if I remember correctly. I thought and assumed it would be an easy sell. But hey ho.

• Most of my weird shite. :lol: 
    You have weird shite?
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    G&L make lovely guitars IMHO but can be a bit tricky to sell on sometimes. 
    great guitars - i feel the headstock kills them but just mho. 
    +1 for ugly headstocks. Really don’t know why they do it. The body is the same as a tele or strat so why not use a very similar headstock design. The Whitfield teles are a perfect example of just tweaking the design while still looking cool.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22798
    Stevepage said:
    Washburn. People avoid them like the plague.

Good call.  I had a USA custom shop one (in the days when they had a USA custom shop) which had originally cost over £1,500 (the receipt was in the case).  I bought it for what seemed a remarkable bargain price.

Then I sold it.  And still made a loss.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14236
    edited January 2020 tFB Trader
    Generally anything and everything that is over priced
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Generally anything and everything that is over priced
    I find that is heavily influenced by how healthy my bank account is looking though!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Anything built to order.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoans said:
    Yes: anything, Fender, Gibson, Martin included, that I ended up scoring from enablers like that @DrCornelius one in notorious dogging spots round the back of truck stops across the motorway network of England.  Literally anything.
    As I told you at the time , they are all long term investments. Once Brexit is out of the way and sterling is devalued they will be worth tens of thousands of pounds.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 535
    I'd say you've all missed the obvious I'm afraid.....The answer is, a left handed guitar to a room of right handed guitar players.
    By far the worst and hardest sell.....'upside down like Hendrix Sir?, Suits you Sir.....'
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Electromatic
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22798
    edited January 2020
    FastEddie said:
    I'd say you've all missed the obvious I'm afraid.....The answer is, a left handed guitar to a room of right handed guitar players.
    By far the worst and hardest sell.....'upside down like Hendrix Sir?, Suits you Sir.....'

Surely these will be selling like hot cakes, and you get one of each:

https://www.peachguitars.com/gibson-custom-tony-iommi-monkey-1964-sg-special-aged-and-signed-pair.htm

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom