Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

'We buy any guitar' adverts on gumtree

What's Hot
Has anyone noticed these?

Gumtree has become a waste of time nowadays - just seems to be people with 40-80 guitars for sale or people advertising to buy any guitar, any brand model, with cash waiting. Email them with details. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• carloscarlos Frets: 3457
    Best place to buy and sell is Facebook marketplace
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7117
    carlos said:
    I've found the opposite lately, sold two on gumtree for my asking price, and had nothing but timewasters on FB

only got to get rid of one more anyway and I'm down to the two that are keepers !!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    edited January 2020
    I've been watching a few pedals on gumtree that I thought were over priced to see if they come down and one went on eBay and got near enough the money a new one costs. Crazy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4674
    Yeah there is one bloke up in Newcastle and then Steve in Leicester who always has a lot of slightly overpriced guitars for sale. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • I wish you could block adverts from certain Gumtree accounts . If I search for stuff down my way I end up with a screen full of adverts from a bedroom trader in Bognor Regis using the sort of sales patter , inappropriately used icons and emojis that just want me to drive over to his place and take his computer away using extreme prejudice  
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    Don't use gumtree, and I'm not on facebook. Think im probably missing out on fun.

You guys are it <3

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    I wish you could block adverts from certain Gumtree accounts . If I search for stuff down my way I end up with a screen full of adverts from a bedroom trader in Bognor Regis using the sort of sales patter , inappropriately used icons and emojis that just want me to drive over to his place and take his computer away using extreme prejudice  
    I know the bognor Regis guy, I have a saved eBay search for a certain fender colour and his stuff is constantly reposted
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3060
    I found Facebook to be a terrific pain in the arse. Full of tyre kickers and rude people.

I actually found this forum to be the best place. Takes a while to sell things but I've always had good communication with people and everyone's been pleasant to deal with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14536
    Those “We Buy Any _______ (fill in the blank)” organisations take full advantage of clients’ need to sell quickly. Consequently, they do not pay very well.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • DougDoug Frets: 172
    Those “We Buy Any _______ (fill in the blank)” organisations take full advantage of clients’ need to sell quickly. Consequently, they do not pay very well.
    Apart from that horrible Tw*t Philip Schofield
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Why bother with Gumtree?
    Harryseven buys any guitar.
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    carlos said:
    I've found the opposite lately, sold two on gumtree for my asking price, and had nothing but timewasters on FB

only got to get rid of one more anyway and I'm down to the two that are keepers !!
    Could location be important for this? I had my American Std Strat on Gumtree and Facebook and got zero replies in the former and nearly a dozen on the latter.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5442
    I’ve had just about 100% success rate on Facebook, a sadly 0% rate here and somewhere in between on eBay...
    Whitecat said:
    I’ve had just about 100% success rate on Facebook, a sadly 0% rate here and somewhere in between on eBay...
    Even when you are successful on eBay you're unsuccessful later when the fees come in!
  • eBay £1 final value fee rules . The sheer coverage of being able to sell to the whole of the UK is unbeatable .

• Sassafras said:
    Why bother with Gumtree?
    @HarrySeven buys any guitar.
    Indeed. Well, *almost* any... ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1947
    Sassafras said:
    Why bother with Gumtree?
    @HarrySeven buys any guitar.
    Indeed. Well, *almost* any... ;)
    Yeah, it's actully @HarrySeven buys every guitar

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 847
    edited February 2020
    eBay £1 final value fee rules . The sheer coverage of being able to sell to the whole of the UK is unbeatable .

^ This

If you aren't selling it is either overpriced or one of those 'worst guitars to resell'.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7159
    I try not to sell my guitars these days.

But, I buy a hell of a lot of them!
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7117
    carlos said:
    tony99 said:
    carlos said:

Could location be important for this? I had my American Std Strat on Gumtree and Facebook and got zero replies in the former and nearly a dozen on the latter.
    Could be Carlos, who knows? Don't get me wrong, on FB I have no end of people enquiring but it's usually bizarre trades or rubbish offers, one guy offered me £285 for a USA strat just last week the cheeky sausage.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!