Any DD-200 users? Midi question...

BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
I've got a DD-200 incoming . Does anyone know how to control parameters via midi? I've looked at the manual but can't work it out ( but then i am a midi novice) I'd like to connect an expression pedal via midi to control effect level and feedback. I cant use the expression pedal input on the DD-200 as I'll be using an external footswitch for presets. 
Any help appreciated 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looks like you can do it. You'll need to make sure MIDI "PC IN" (for patch changes) and "CC IN" (for parameter changes within a patch) are turned on, and that you have the "MIDI receive channel" set to something you aren't already using.

Once you've done that, you can specify which midi controller number you want to use for the expression pedal.

It's all on p13 in the manual.

How *exactly* it all works from there on will depend on how you're sending the MIDI expression.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    @english_bob thanks for that. The bit that confused me was that none of the cc messages are fixed and that you can set them to your value of choice. Still not sure I get it...
  • It's not the value that you change, it's the CC controller within the pedal that receives the messages. There are 127 possible controller "channels" that can happen on.

Say you want to control the delay feedback. You set the CC number for feedback on the DD-200 to "001", then you would program your MIDI controller to send a CC message to "001" with whatever value between 0 and 127 you wanted the feedback to go to.

If the MIDI controller has a rocker pedal, it should be able to continuously update the CC value to give you an expression pedal effect.

There are MIDI CC controllers for each of the knobs on the DD-200 individually, but I'm guessing that if you connected an analogue expression pedal to the jack on the DD-200 you could set it to control multiple parameters simultaneously, not just delay time *or* feedback *or* mix level or whatever, so the MIDI CC controller for the expression pedal should be able to do the same.

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    @english_bob that's brilliant thank you. It's making a bit more sense now.
    Maybe it's just me but the midi section of the manual isn't as clear as it could be...
  • Beexter said:
    @english_bob that's brilliant thank you. It's making a bit more sense now.
    Maybe it's just me but the midi section of the manual isn't as clear as it could be...
    All the boss manuals are atrocious imo. I’ve had to resort to boss forums/Facebook/YouTube for enlightenment :( 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    edited February 2020
    It makes perfect sense if you already know how MIDI CC messages work and you just need to know how they're implemented on that particular pedal. Not so much if you don't...